In a bid to distract myself (and do something with the shining hour) I've been cutting out tumbler blocks to make a snuggle quilt for Daughter 2. I mainly used fabrics from my stash (oh Thimbleanna, what have you started? - it's quite a big stash) though I bought some self-coloured ones as well. Several of the patches come from leftovers from curtains I've made at various times for the house, which is quite pleasing. And I can convince myself that this renders it thrifty... if not perhaps quite making up for the material I've bought on spec just because I liked it.
I decided to have stripes of white, green, yellow and blue, Daughter 2 chose the fabrics (from the stash) and Mr L and I calculated how many blocks I needed of various types. I then had fun deciding how to arrange them. Which is just as well, since I clearly have enough fabric for at least, oh, ten other quilts using many of these fabrics.
No doubt the actual sewing will involve less fun and more ripping-out before I get it right.
I found myself lying in bed the other night, thinking about cutting out tumblers. Still, as I say, I blame Anna. She got me into this so it's clearly not my fault.