The beautiful weather continued till today, when it was mainly dull with a chillyish wind. On Friday, as usual, the children came in the afternoon and they played with the pebble fountain.
One day we climbed Corstorphine Hill, enjoying the signs of spring
and the views over the city.
It's been so dry! Look at the dust-bowl paths.
This is a translation into Lowland Scots of a poem about a snow leopard (or snow ghost, as the poet says here) which was in the paper on Saturday. I understand every word but use very few of them, so I imagine my children
don't understand every word. Look, "plootering" - I used "ploutering", which is a variant spelling, in a blog post the other day. I should make a conscious effort to use more of these words, such as "stravaig", which means - oh, it's hard to find an English equivalent. It means wandering around but with an element of strutting - but more aimlessly and less confidently than strutting implies. And "cranreuch", which means so cold that it makes you shrivel away. A lot of the words are just Scots versions of the Anglo-Saxon or Norse words which have developed differently in standard English, so "wame" means stomach or womb - womb here, in its comforting sense - and "Ma whalpin wis byornar" means that his birth (whelping) was extraordinary - beyond ordinary.
Oh, the cherry blossom, or gean flooers.
I don't know a Scots word for daffodils but aren't they pretty? Most daffodils are over now but these in the Botanics are particularly late-flowering.
But here are the grandweans at the Botanics yesterday. They were pretending to film for their imaginary YouTube channel. Grandlad made Grandlass do several takes, coming round a bush doing a piece to camera. They took it very seriously. There was no actual camera but you can see him holding up his imaginary one while she comes into shot.
We met a very friendly squirrel who probably hoped that we had some nuts for him. Or her. Unfortunately we didn't.
Here's his/her friend, sitting on a sprouting gunnera.
Granddaughter likes to choose her own clothes these days. I don't personally feel that her pink top goes with her scarlet shorts, but didn't say so. Grandson, according to Son-in-Law, has even less interest in clothes than SIL does, and puts on what he's given without comment.
Today - tadada! - I actually had some friends round for coffee - first a group of four and then later one friend. We were going to sit in the garden, abiding by the rules, but in fact it wasn't sunny today and was rather cold so we sat in the sitting room with the patio door open. Sort of like a gazebo, we reasoned. We've all been vaccinated and sat at least two metres apart from one another. It was very nice indeed to catch up with the news!
I'm nearing the end of the quilting of the ice cream quilt and once it's bound I must get back to the archives. And visit a charity shop with the stuff we've piled up in a bedroom. Clutter - hate it!
How wonderful to have TWO coffee dates and spend lots of time outside(before the weather change); our daffodils are finished, and almost the tulips too. They came on quickly in the sun but bloomed out too quickly as well. I did not understand most of that poem; it really is a whole different language, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI think the indoor gazebo has saved many a case of pneumonia these days.
ReplyDeleteFor what it's worth, Mum, the only word I didn't know in the poem was "cranreuch". I also didn't get "byornar" on the first pass, but I think I've seen it as "by-ornar" elsewhere which I would have got.
ReplyDeleteI do use stravaiging relatively often, also dreich, fushionless and thole. And probably others that I can't think of right now.
Also my first thought on seeing Granddaughter's ensemble was "Oops, red and pink," but she was dressed by then and it didn't seem worth having an argument.
ReplyDeleteI'm so impressed that you understood all of that poem and I love that K knows it all too. I hope children will learn it too so that it's not lost -- as you've pointed out, there are words that sometimes just don't have a translation in English. Isn't it funny -- you think you have a word for everything, but ... And I quite like red and pink together and see it more and more in quilts -- especially Valentine's Day quilts. Perhaps L is more trendy than we know!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
ReplyDeleteThanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
Text (407) 777-4240
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you
ZENITH HACKERS BOOSTED MY CREDIT SCORE IN 3DAYS
ReplyDeleteI would like to take this opportunity to commend Zenith Hackers (ZH) Intelligence for their exemplary service. Your assistance significantly enhanced my credit score and made the loan settlement process remarkably straightforward. The dedication ZH demonstrates towards client success is commendable. I strongly endorse ZH services for anyone looking to improve their financial standing.
For further details, please visit: Www.zenithhackers.com
Mail: Zenithintel@consultant.com
Best regards, Thom Cold
#creditscore, #creditrepair, #financialfreedom, #creditrepairservices, #debtfree
General Credit: #creditscore, #credit, #creditrepair, #creditrestoration, #credits, #creditreport
Financial Wellness: #financialfreedom, #financialfitness, #personalfinance, #financetips, #money
Action-Oriented: #creditbuilding, #debtfree, #moneytips, #creditscoretips, #repaircredit
Goals/Industry: #goals, #mortgage, #investing, #business, #success
ZENITH HACKERS BOOSTED MY CREDIT SCORE IN 3DAYS
ReplyDeleteI would like to take this opportunity to commend Zenith Hackers (ZH) Intelligence for their exemplary service. Your assistance significantly enhanced my credit score and made the loan settlement process remarkably straightforward. The dedication ZH demonstrates towards client success is commendable. I strongly endorse ZH services for anyone looking to improve their financial standing.
For further details, please visit: Www.zenithhackers.com
Mail: Zenithintel@consultant.com
Best regards, Thom Cold
#creditscore, #creditrepair, #financialfreedom, #creditrepairservices, #debtfree
General Credit: #creditscore, #credit, #creditrepair, #creditrestoration, #credits, #creditreport
Financial Wellness: #financialfreedom, #financialfitness, #personalfinance, #financetips, #money
Action-Oriented: #creditbuilding, #debtfree, #moneytips, #creditscoretips, #repaircredit
Goals/Industry: #goals, #mortgage, #investing, #business, #success
ZENITH HACKERS BOOSTED MY CREDIT SCORE IN 3DAYS
I would like to take this opportunity to commend Zenith Hackers (ZH) Intelligence for their exemplary service. Your assistance significantly enhanced my credit score and made the loan settlement process remarkably straightforward. The dedication ZH demonstrates towards client success is commendable. I strongly endorse ZH services for anyone looking to improve their financial standing.
For further details, please visit: Www.zenithhackers.com
Mail: Zenithintel@consultant.com
Best regards, Thom Cold
#creditscore, #creditrepair, #financialfreedom, #creditrepairservices, #debtfree
General Credit: #creditscore, #credit, #creditrepair, #creditrestoration, #credits, #creditreport
Financial Wellness: #financialfreedom, #financialfitness, #personalfinance, #financetips, #money
Action-Oriented: #creditbuilding, #debtfree, #moneytips, #creditscoretips, #repaircredit
Goals/Industry: #goals, #mortgage, #investing, #business, #success
I recently contacted Swift Fox Coder regarding a digital investigation and recovery matter, and overall I was impressed with how professionally they handled my inquiry. Communication was clear, they treated the situation discreetly, and I appreciated that they didn’t make unrealistic promises.
ReplyDeleteThey took the time to understand my situation and explained the available options clearly. If you have a legitimate digital investigation, online fraud, or cryptocurrency related issue, I’d recommend contacting them and discussing your situation with their team.
Swift Fox Coder
Cswiftfoxcoder@gmail.com
+1 8433091789
Telegram: @Swiftfoxcoder
swiftfoxcoder.s.gy/fox-intelligence
My experience with Swift Fox Coder was genuinely helpful. I contacted them after dealing with a digital/online fraud issue and wasn’t sure what steps to take. They first reviewed the situation, explained what could realistically be done, and helped me understand the available options.
ReplyDeleteThey assisted with the investigation, tracing relevant digital and transaction information, organizing the evidence, and guiding me through the appropriate next steps. Their communication was professional, discreet, and straightforward throughout the process.
What stood out to me was that they didn’t make unrealistic promises. They focused on understanding the problem and providing a practical solution based on the information available. For anyone dealing with a legitimate online fraud, cryptocurrency, or digital investigation issue, Swift Fox Coder is worth considering.
• Cryptocurrency/ bank transfer/cashapp fast business ans personal loans
• General phone hacking and monitoring
• Money recovery from scammers, betting, investment, romance
• Bitcoin and PayPal loading (with profit-sharing options)
• Mobile phone monitoring
• Hacking and modifying university grades
• Bank website hacking and fund transfers
• Accessing company and government databases
• Database hacking with admin privileges
• Wiping criminal records
• Purchasing hacked PayPal accounts
• Hacking WordPress blogs
• Server recovery hacks
• Purchasing verified international passports
• Assistance with money laundering to various countries
• Untraceable IP services
• Credit Repair
• Cash Flip (crypto, cashapp, banks etc)
Swift Fox Coder
Cswiftfoxcoder@gmail.com
Swiftfoxcoder@gmail.com
+1 8433091789
Telegram: @Swiftfoxcoder
swiftfoxcoder.s.gy/fox-intelligence
#CyberInvestigation #CyberCrime #CyberDefense #CyberThreats #CyberAwareness #DigitalSecurity #DigitalEvidence #DigitalIntelligence #FraudInvestigation #FraudDetection #ScamPrevention #ScamInvestigation #FinancialFraud #FinancialSecurity #CryptoInvestigation #CryptoFraud #CryptoRecovery #BlockchainForensics #BlockchainInvestigation #BlockchainIntelligence #AssetTracing #TransactionTracing #OnlineScam #InternetFraud #IdentityProtection #DataProtection #InformationSecurity #IncidentResponse #ThreatIntelligence #CyberProtection #TechSecurity #SecureYourAssets #ProtectYourFunds #StayCyberSafe #CyberAwarenessMatters #DigitalProtection #SecuritySolutions #InvestigationServices #FraudAwareness #OnlineSecurity