Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Visiting Baby M


I've been up staying with Son and Daughter-in-Law, assisting with the baby so that they could catch up on some sleep. She is, naturally, very adorable. Here she is with the cot quilt that I made two years ago in the hope that one day, a suitable recipient would come along.



Daughter 2 came to visit and presented Baby M with the blanket she's been working on.



Isn't it nice?



Baby M's big sisters seem remarkably unperturbed.



The sun shone on us.




Then I came home and Grandson drew a picture of me. "I need white chalk for your hair, Granny." Gee, thanks, Grandson. I like to think that my hair is grey with brown bits, but I suppose chalk doesn't come in that colour. "One of your hands is rubbing your tummy." Yes, I can see that.


How I miss Baby M, with her so-soft little cheeks, big puzzled dark blue eyes, quiet snuffles and questing mouth. I'm so sad that she's far away. But I missed the others when I was up there with her. And yes, I do know that I'm lucky to have grandchildren at all.


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the arrival of another wonderful grandchild x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a darling! Did you make the quilt in the first photo? May you have more wonderful grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute and you did such a pretty job on the quilt - hand-quilting and all! As did DD1 - how fun to have another visitor. I can hardly wait until we see pictures of her playing with N and L. And one must ask - do you frequently rub your tummy in the presence of grandson LOL???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very lucky to have such bright, beautiful grandchildren. We have none, nor shall we ever, but I always enjoy hearing about yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Lovely quilt, lovely blanket and lovely baby.
    I'm glad you have 5 distinct fingers on your left hand.( never mind the hair colour )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankly, I am envious of your grandchildren because I'm doubting that I will have them.Beautiful baby, quilt and blanket. Congrats to your family and you!












    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're finally there - a "multiple granny!" Or does "a granny of many" sound better? Isn't it nice when wishes come true?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely that your quilt has happily found its home.
    Congratulations to everyone. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I also love the knit blanket ...What a creative, accomplishing family you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty baby with pretty quilt and blanket. In no time at all she too will be drawing your portrait on a blackboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just LOVELY! So nice to have family that makes such nice gifts! I understand about being far away... mine is 9 hours away! He grows incredibly between our scarce visits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful new babies, lovely handcrafted blankets, smiling family, sleeping cats, artwork by children. My idea of the perfect blogpost!

    ReplyDelete