Friday, March 16, 2018

Girls of various sizes


We've been spending time arranging my aunt's funeral - at long distance, not the easiest way - though my brother and sister-in-law in Surrey have been doing much of the liaising with the funeral director and so on. But so many emails have been whizzing to and fro! Meanwhile, Daughter 2 and Littlest Granddaughter have been staying with us, which has been so lovely. But you may know how much time for anything else there is with a little person who likes a lot of attention. And then the Edinburgh grandchildren have been here today.

It's very ... what do I mean? ... poignant? touching? reassuring? seeing this baby, this little girl, this young mother moving into their places in the world just as the old lady moves out.


Biggest Granddaughter decided to go camping with her dolly. It was apparently very hot so dolly took her clothes off to do a bit of sunbathing. Wisely, however, they stayed inside today. Spring? It's a chilly one so far.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely grandchildren! Life truly does go on, which is a message I tell myself a lot. I'm better than I was 5 years ago, which is reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good time for families to gather together. It is interesting how, as I become older, this sense of the circle and continuance of life becomes more precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt - I hope the funeral goes well. How lovely to have all your girls around you! There is something very special about generations of women (not that my boys aren't great) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know I don't have children although always thought I would. From time to time I wonder if the lack will hit me, and if it does I suppose it would be beautiful posts like this one which might trigger it. But so far not. Maybe because I have 4 lovely nieces who I'm close to so feel part of that circle through them. I'm hoping they're going to be my bridesmaids which would be fun and special. Yes, generations of women ARE special. Lxx

    ReplyDelete