Saturday, July 07, 2018

Birthday


It was my birthday the other day, and I was lucky enough to get all these books. I had mentioned that I wanted them, and am very much looking forward to reading them. Life isn't going to be long enough to read all the interesting books that people will keep writing. 


On the day, the Edinburgh family came with me to Jupiter Artland, a sort of country park with art works, which we all enjoyed.

 
There are six "weeping girls", which are very effective but rather sad.


Can you see this one leaning on a tree?


This teapot was more cheerful.


I'm not so sure about this huge composite orchid. Do you see Biggest Granddaughter standing at the foot of it? That's how enormous it is.

 
And there were various landforms,


which were fun to run up and down.



 Later, Grandson drew all the sculptures.


And in the evening, Mr L and I went to Opera North's production of "Kiss Me Kate", which was very jolly indeed. 


And when we walked down to the bus stop at 10.30 pm, Edinburgh still looked like this. 

It was a very good day. 

6 comments:

  1. Those are certainly memories to cherish: the places, the people and the experiences. Happiest of birthdays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you and what an interesting looking park

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good day indeed. A tad late but wishing you a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday. I'm late so I'm wishing you a happy year. I think you will have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it looks like you were treated Royally! Seeing the children next to their father really shows how much they've grown. Happy Belated Birthday! I can see now, I should have wished you Happy Birthday when I though about it right before your birthday, but I thought, "no, I'll wait until tomorrow" and whoosh! now, it's over a week later. I just can't keep up. On the other hand, it's really wonderful when time flies by if you're waiting for vacation LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Lovely place - glad the weather was so good for your day!

    ReplyDelete