Thursday, June 06, 2019

Plodding


Recently the summer has been less than impressively summery, but today was very pleasant so we went for a walk by the Water of Leith. 


This chap has reappeared since we were last here. He's a self-portrait by Antony Gormley. There are five similar ones, mainly in the water, and they were knocked over by the force of the river in spate (according to the internet) in 2017. They're hinged, and designed to fall over rather than break. I would not myself enjoy seeing lots of me, naked (or even clothed) all over the city, but each to his own.


We've walked here often, but it's always enjoyable.


We came to Stockbridge.







It's nice to be in the city but away from all the bustle and noise.


A big sky in St Mark's Park.


Do you see the swan on its nest?


And then we got to Leith, where the river joins the sea and where we were glad to sit down and have a coffee. We haven't been walking as much as usual recently what with one thing and another, and five miles was enough for today. We need to get fitter!

6 comments:

  1. I did see the swan! It looks so beautiful on your walk, and I'm hoping for decent weather in early September. But there are no guarantees. I will bring an umbrella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful walk. I am always amazed at how you can be in the city and seemingly far from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I do so admire your walks (and walking!). I don't think I could make it much over a mile... but then the only place I walk is around the neighborhood with the dog, and the same-old, same-old suburban residential area where all the houses are from the same 5 plans gets boring no matter where you are. I am so grateful that you share such lovely photos of your travels. It is wonderful to see the places I read about (I am a fan of D.E. Stevenson).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friends i am happy i got my Loan from Mr. Weiss Maxwell you can get your's too email him via Email: (citvendorfinance@gmail .com) or WhatsApp: +1 (747) 223-7461 and get yours God bless you Mr. Weiss Maxwell thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day everyone my name is Santiago Matías, i am a citizen of Ecuador i was seriously in need of an urgent loan to support my oil and gas company and i got my loan of $1,000,000.00 from a genuine loan lender called peter loan company. And now i'm very happy that i have finanlly raised and build up my company. If there is anyone who is also in need of an urgent loan should kindly contact peter loan company now on their Email Adress (peterloanfirmcompany112@gmail.com) or kindly whattsapp them on (+2349063879939) and get your loan now........ They do offer any types of loans to individuals, student, workers, company's owners and every other person. Do you need a loan to finance, assist and support your bussiness, pay school fees, pay bill, grow up your company, open a super market or open a bussiness center or have you been searching for loan for a very long time? kindly contact peter loan company offers now on email (peterloanfirmcompany112@gmail.com) or whattsapp them on (+2349063879939) And put an end to your broblems...... Apply now......... Get your loan immediately and celebrate with your own testimony thanks.......Best regurd.
    Remain Bless........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh 5 miles! You two must be so fit!! I could not have walked that far even when I was at my fittest at the age of 30! Did you know you can delete those spam comments? Why are some people so horrid...

    ReplyDelete