Saturday, February 27, 2021

Still...


Big Grandson has a sketch book in which he draws... railway lines. Invented ones, in quite a lot of detail, if not exact perspective. He's very serious about it. I like his trees. 


We went down to Daughter 2's Edinburgh flat again today for a viewing. The people seemed like fairly serious buyers, though whether of this flat, who can tell? 

So then we had a walk along to Newhaven. That church there isn't really falling over. Blame the photographer. 

It was a beautiful day.

I normally detest graffiti but rather liked this. You can't really see here, but she's wearing a face mask.


And my crocuses are rather fine. 

Such cheerful little faces. 

Though I'm not usually a fan of purple, purple flowers can be pretty - especially in early spring, when frankly any flowers are a bonus. Most things are more bearable in a garden. 

Mine doesn't have a fringed pool, rose plot and certainly no fern'd grot, but all the same, I know what Thomas Brown meant. Whether God's in it or not - it certainly makes me feel better. 


My Garden, by Thomas Edward Brown, 1830-1897

A garden is a lovesome thing, Got wot!

Fringed pool

Rose plot

Fern'd grot -

The veriest school 

Of peace; and yet the fool

Contends that God is not -

Not God! in gardens! when the eve is cool?

Nay, but I have a sign;

'Tis very sure God walks in mine. 



4 comments:

  1. Big Grandson likes railways? Good man!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Grandson lives and breathes railways.

      Delete
  2. His trees are wonderful and he draws much better than I! Your crocuses are beautiful. Mine aren't up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
    Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    Text (407) 777-4240
    I just said I should share my own story here
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete