Friday, May 03, 2024

Good

Only the other day I was mourning the fact that the camassias I planted last autumn hadn't appeared. And then today, I found them, blooming away. How unobservant! But oh good!

Last year we planted a cercis chinensis in the garden. The garden isn't large and it's very full. However, tonight we were watching the Scottish gardening programme on tv and our friend George, who's one of the presenters (and a highly knowledgeable plantsman) recommended cercis as a tree for small gardens. Good again!

And tulips are also good. And pansies.


And this stunning little azalea that a friend gave me when we moved into this house, 35 years ago. 

All very very good. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Your garden is very lovely . I love Cercis Forest Pansy but no longer have one. You may need to trim it as mine was quite prone to wind damage. ( and got quite large )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your frilly deep coloured Tulips! Stunning. And Azaleas are always such a reliable patch of colour, aren't they. We moved from a very big home, with 60+ roses to an "Infill" retirement home, and now have a pocket handkerchief of a garden. Well, you can't have everything, and a manageable, modern, leak-proof house, with magnificent views of the inner harbour, is definitely preferable to a huge garden and house we rattled around in and were constantly worrying about the next maintenance issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what an infill home is?

      Delete
  3. What a lovely garden! (I may have said that before!) I do like watching and listening to gardening programmes - there's something so soothing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plants and colors! No orange, I see? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so beautiful -- all of your pretty flowers. And Margarets comment made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete