Thursday, June 20, 2024

Technology...

Well, I still can't put photos on the old blog. A message does appear which tells me to do something incomprehensible (to me) - no idea if this would help. I'll maybe get clever young people to advise me. We haven't been doing anything particularly noteworthy anyway - most of my photos are floral. 

I've been polishing up my (faintly shiny) French and my (completely tarnished) German on Duolingo for the past year and it's been quite fun, but recently it's been going wonky on me, greying out the thing that you click on to submit your answer. Yesterday it worked for German but not French. How frustrating technology is; though also, I realise, how absolutely amazing that it (usually) works. 

Of course, I carefully write down in a notebook words and phrases that I don't know, or only half-know, but then do I look at them? Not a lot. Must Do Better. My knowledge of American is improving, though, as I've said before. I don't think I fully realised quite how many slightly different ways Americans have of saying things. Though - do you really talk about "tall" mountains, Americans?? I don't think I've ever heard of this. Maybe Duolingo has just got it wrong. Mountains are always high here, though now I think of it, buildings can be tall or high. 

Talking of Duolingo - I shall see how it's behaving tonight. It's free and so I shouldn't really complain. But ... 



10 comments:

  1. That's frustrating! I love your flower photos and the pictures of gorgeous Edinburgh. Young people can usually figure out technology. We do talk about the tallest mountains, but I've found that many people in flatter states call mountains what we would call hills. It seems quite strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, fancy that. Tall mountains. Thanks for telling me.

      Delete
  2. My duolingo has been playing up for some days, and it's the paid version. Refusing to load, mainly. I posted on Facebook and found others had similar issues. I do hope they're not in financial trouble: I'd hate to lose access. On a more upbeat note: your photos are a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, it's not just me, then. I suppose that's a comfort...? Yes, mine has been refusing to load occasionally on the desktop, but loading on my phone (but I much prefer the desktop). I do sometimes feel guilty that I don't pay... Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  3. Technology is wonderful when it works . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over here - or should I say Down here (in New Zealand) -mountains are high, buildings are tall or 'high rise', and usually ugly, and packaging for many products has shrunk while the prices remain high, higher or stratospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SELL SSN|SIN|EIN DOB DL FULLZ Telegram:killhacks USA UK CANADA

    DL FULLZ with Issue & Exp Date
    REAL DL|ID Front Back with Selfie & SSN
    High Credit Scores Pros (700+ score)
    Business EIN Company Fullz Profiles
    Young & Old Age Fullz|Leads|Pros
    SSN DOB DL Address Employee & Bank Info Leads Fullz
    Passport Photos With selfie & SSN
    Bulk quantity fresh fullz available as well

    High quality DL Pics Front & Back with ssn
    CC with CVV USA UK CANADA AUS IT FR with Carding Tutorials
    Dumps with Pin track 101 & 202 with cash out tutorials

    UK NIN DOB DL Address Sort Code Fullz|Leads
    DL Front & Back with Selfie
    Passport Photos with selfie
    Young & Old Age Pros
    High Credit scores Pros

    Canada SIN DOB Address MMN Email & Phone Fullz|leads
    Fresh SIN Fullz in quantity
    Canada CC's with Cvv & address

    Everything will be provided fresh, Genuine & Guaranteed
    Invalid, wrong, bad, unmatched info will be replaced
    High quality info spammed from verified resources
    Bulk quantity fresh stuff available on whole sale prices

    If you have any query, need samples & want to order
    I'm here, contact details are as under

    Telegram : @ killhacks | @ leadsupplier
    What's App : +1.. 727... 788... 6129
    Email : cyberzone.universe@gmail.com
    Skype : @ peeterhacks

    #SSNLEADS #LEADSUSAINFO #INFOUSA #SSN #SSNDOBDL #Fullzseller
    #NIN #NINDOBDL #SellNIN #CCShop #UKLeads #HighCSPRos
    #SIN #SINDOBDL #SellSIN #SINMMNFULLZ #MMNPROSSIN #MMNSIN

    Feel free to contact me guys
    24/7 available

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear -- I'm dreadfully behind. Maybe it depends on what parts of America you're from? I don't remember really talking about tall mountains -- just high ... the highest mountain ... wow, that mountain is really high ... etc.

    ReplyDelete