Tuesday, July 30, 2024

A bit of a whirl

Daughter 2 and Littlest Granddaughter reached their hotel in Glasgow at nearly midnight and fell into bed. The next day they got the train to Stirling, where we collected them. 

And then we went to Crieff, one of my very happy places, to stay in a lodge in the grounds of Crieff Hydro. All of our children and grandchildren, as well as my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and nephew's fiancee were there, so it was lovely - but somewhat hectic. 

There was pony-riding, 

climbing the Knock, the hill behind the hotel (this is one of my favourite ever views)

zip-wiring,

and swimming. Most of these activities were merely spectated by Mr Life and me... .


And now we're back. Daughter 2 and Littlest Granddaughter are staying for most of August while Son-in-Law 2 performs in the Fringe and Daughter 2 works, so Granny's holiday club has swung into action. Gird your loins, Granny.


Last year, I planted a seed from this lupin


and because lupins don't come true from seed, this has happened to the seedling The wonders of nature (and the depredations of slugs). 


Look at these nicotiana in the garden! I've never grown them before, but certainly will again. 


And for some reason, one of my amaryllis bulbs has decided to put on a second flowering after its March blooming. The wonders of... etc. 

Life's not dull. 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love that amaryllis! I would be spectating too. I wish I enjoyed swimming though! A difference: we call that zip lining. How wonderful to have family company although it will keep you busy. (in a good way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot's of fun times with family is wonderful. And having your daughter and grand daughter for most of August is a dream come true! I'm getting 5 days with my daughter and I'm thrilled! Your flower garden is beautiful. I've never grown nicotiana, but I've been watching Monty Don's show and they sound like something I need to add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a fantastic family gathering and a lovely August to come.

    ReplyDelete