Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Jumping

Ah, Blogger is putting the photos back to front again. 

The latest offerings to the gods of minimalism: an elderly Postman Pat jigsaw

and a couple of round tablecloths. A friend has just this moment emailed me, having seen these sacrificial articles on my Facebook page, to ask if she can have the jigsaw for her little grandson, so I've now removed it from the bin. Fortunately it hadn't suffered from its sojourn there! 

The tablecloths date from the time when, here at any rate, it was fashionable to cover a round table with a coloured cloth and then put a white lacy one on top of that. It was a pretty fashion, I thought, but has now passed, so why did I keep the white cloths? Well, no longer. They're off to a charity shop. 

We went up yesterday to visit Son and family. We didn't actually go to their house, but to the Scottish Deer Centre, which does have deer but also various other fun things such as these bouncy pillows. Son can jump quite high on them. He's now, surprisingly, 42; strange, since I myself am only 35. Could I have jumped that high at 42?? Hmm. 


The garden flourishes on,

though we've had some rain after a very dry summer,


so the weeds are taking full advantage. 


There's a lot which will need to be cut down in the next little while. 

But meanwhile, the autumn flowers give us pleasure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment