Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Random musings while listening to Bach

Daughter 2, in London, bought these fabrics to make a Christmas tree skirt. 

I bought one of the same fabrics for her Christmas quilt. We're basically the same person, though she has many talents that I do not have. 

This is Big Grandson doing work experience as required by the school, in his mother's office. How can he be that grown-up? He's a lanky 6-footer. About yesterday, it seems to me, he was learning to walk. 

I'm having fun with fabrics. How accurately am I going to sew these 2 and a half inch squares together? Hmm. Time will tell. 


Today's charity shop victim. I've had it since Mr Life's mother died in 1992 and had forgotten all about it. I found it while looking for something to get rid of. It looks less mouldy in real life, but I think we can survive without it. I might polish it before disposing of it. 

I'm doing this while listening to Bach's Cantata number 150. It's lovely, but not particularly easy. I think I'd better concentrate. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love Bach. John would like that fish since he's into fishing these days. (not me!) How interesting that you picked out the same fabric! I doubt that either daughter would do that. We have very different tastes in colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete