Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sleeping cats

Having had a week of frantic activity (lots of visitors, far too much work etc) I haven't time to post because I'm too busy trying to catch up with all you daily bloggers. But here are some puss pictures. As you see, the catlets don't really go in for frantic activity. Above, Cassie is catching forty winks with Daughter 2 last Sunday afternoon.

Here she is trying out her new igloo bed. I was worried that she and her brother might be a bit chilly in the kitchen at night so bought them one of these each to keep the draughts out.

These are their previous beds. We tried putting them beside the dining room radiator in the evening. The catlets liked this.


After a while, it became too warm for them to share a bed.

Eventually, Sirius had to cool down a bit more. Doesn't look comfortable to me, but he seemed happy.
I think I want to be a cat. You know that moment when you're going off to work, all harassed and exhausted, and they sit watching you go? And you can just see them thinking... why don't you just stay here with us and have a nap?
Don't cats ask good questions?




14 comments:

  1. Cats do ask good questions, especially when they're translated by the one so creative with words! I just can't believe how big the catlets are getting -- that pic of Sirius stretched out really shows it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you're really good in this life, you get to come back as a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Fairlie. We are the mugs, traipsing off to work to earn enough money to feed them.

    They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sit? My two monsters aggressively lounge *AT* me as I gather my things to head out the door. Stretchy yawny flopped on the couch little lazy buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addendum: Matt thinks the catlets are very cute, and sympathizes, but adds that our two don't give the impression of inviting us to stay and nap, they luxuriate in watching us run out the door, as long as we come back to feed them. The effect is probably added to by the fact that our front door is directly across from the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be a cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really are adorable your kitties. I definitely want to come back as a cat, as long as I live in a good house. Like yours for instance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look like they're trying to form letters to spell out words!
    I'm amazed they actually deign to use the beds you put out for them, very uncatlike behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we used to have one of those igloos until Frog discovered that if she sat on it, it would squash down so Velcro would want to leave, and then she could have a great time swiping Velcro and squashing her at the same time.

    Fortunately they outgrew it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our old cat used to lie stretched out completely straight on our hall floor. She had discovered the precise route of the hot water pipe under the floorboards. Wouldn't move for anyone. Clever, cats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, clever, contented catlets.

    And they get to have 9 lives!

    Life isn't fair sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought an igloo bed for my cat Maudie and she loves it.

    I also indulged her by cutting a sheepskin rug in half and putting that in the igloo. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful!
    They have such laid back attitudes too! very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely pictures - My Boo sleeps like that - all spread out with paws in front of her. Just visited your blog via Samantha's - it's lovely.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete