Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Love postcard


The house is Christmassified, eg above and below, though I must go and find some holly from somewhere to make a tasteful arrangement for the sitting room. One of the cakes has been iced. Most of the presents have been bought, though not wrapped.  I was out carol singing with one of my choirs tonight and it's our carol concert on Saturday, so altogether I feel I should be slightly more steeped in the Christmas spirit than I am. I suppose it's because the family is scattered. I never expected them to be. I always envisaged us all living close to one another.



Still, we went to see Son today and had lunch with him, and a walk. Daughter 1, Son-in-Law 1 and the babies are home from London this evening, though we haven't seen them yet. Can't wait. And Daughter 2 comes home on Thursday, which will be lovely, though it makes it worse when she goes away again. And then my brother and his family come next week from the London area, which will also be good.

Yes, yes, I realise that I shouldn't complain. Things, as my granny used to say, must aye be some way. And Grandson dictated a "love postcard" to us yesterday, which Daughter 2 typed out for him:

"Good morning, Granny and Grandpa. Postcards coming up for you. In London I saw big red buses and Auntie [Daughter 2]. I am playing bus doors with brick blocks. This bus is going to Charing Cross Gardens. It's a new 21. That's enough."


5 comments:

  1. No, you mustn't complain......one of our sons is nine hours drive away and the other is on the far side of the known universe, so there will just be the two of us for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny was a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bracing myself here for distance again. I know what it feels like, but this year, all the kids will be home - a real miracle nowadays! Very pretty Christmassy house. Yes, I know Christmassy is not a word! Well, I am sure it isn't a word. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:00 pm

    Dictating postcards - at his age - what a hoot.

    Your house looks very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've checked out that number 21 bus route and it goes past the Bricklayer's Arms.How appropriate!

    ReplyDelete