Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Gieing it laldy


I've been spending lots of time finishing off the quilt for my (only, but also - of course - best) niece, instead of preparing for Christmas. However, it's nearly finished now so I really must start getting things organised. I've done the cards and got quite a few presents but there are little things like decorations and food to consider. We'll be 15 at Christmas dinner (two of these fairly small, mind you) and 11 staying overnight - though we might have to farm some people off to Daughter 1's - haven't quite worked it out yet. Daughter 2 and Littlest Granddaughter arrive next Tuesday - I can't wait, but on the other hand we'll be babysitting while she works at the near-Edinburgh office, so not much will get done next week.

Meanwhile Daughter 1 and I took the little ones to the Botanics At Night light show - above.


And Eldest Granddaughter made some Christmas pictures, such as the Three Kings above, one of whom has glasses like her. There's also a touch of Peppa Pig about the noses.


And this, which is apparently a singing snowwoman dressed up as Elsa from Frozen. She's gieing it laldy, as we say here (ie putting her all into it).


And, while it's not actually freezing here, it's been dreich today - the sort of day when you have the lights on all day - but I had a lovely coffee and catch-up with a friend at Queensferry and am now theoretically sorting out various things on my desk which have been neglected because of the quilt. Although of course I've been diverted into blogging instead... .

But this will not do! On! On!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:42 pm

    It will all go well, regardless of what you think, as you know!

    I do like the picture of the two at the top of the post, they are growing so fast.

    The art work is good too, you have talented Grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Sign} I dream of being able to just pop over to Queensferry for a cup and a catch-up (with, preferrably, you LOL) -- you lucky girl. I love that first picture of the littles -- they're so cute. And it sounds like you're going to have a crowd this year (so fun!) -- this is our off year, so it will be fairly quiet here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha -- that was supposed to be Sigh, not sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 to stay is a lot. When we'd go to my maternal grandparents for Christmas my Grandfather would say that all the kids could be hung up on nails to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In spite of my Scottish heritage, I was hoping you would define your blog post, so thanks for doing so! I was clueless. I adore their drawings, very creative! I need to get going too since my older daughter and her husband are flying in from New York on the 18th. That's next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is so lovely and together! I am sure you are looking forward to having them with you for Christmas which will be wonderful despite logistical challenges. I love that one of the three kings wears glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas jumper for eldest grandchild. Eleven! You'll need hammocks and bunk beds and li los. I've got it all worked out.
    We'll be four. Then six separately and then two. Can't ever see us competing with your burgeoning clan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful information impressive article to read

    robotic vacuum cleaner india

    ReplyDelete