Monday, November 18, 2019

Bouncing and walking


On Friday afternoon we took the children to the local trampoline / soft play centre. It was lovely to see them having such fun. I do feel lucky.



Then on Saturday, we went for a walk with our friends in the Borders. It was rather a damp day, though not actually raining to any extent. The autumn leaves had mainly fallen, but they made a pretty path.


 It was a very varied walk, through woodland and open country,


 through fields


and more woods

and past more fields


such as this one, with kale grown for the sheep - which were tucking in just out of sight of this photo. I'm glad I'm not a sheep.



After ten fairly muddy miles - we got back to the Barony Castle Hotel.


We weren't discouraged by the motto above the door. It would have taken more than that to stop us from sitting down and enjoying our coffee and scones.

It was a lovely day, though as George, our minor celebrity, remarked later, "Interesting how it became a good walk some hours after we'd finished it."

4 comments:

  1. The grandchildren look like they're having fun, and the walk is beautiful! I don't like kale much either; the sheep can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your days seem full of wonderful activity. But I am a kale fan, myself, though I don't "tuck in" in fields outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am insanely jealous of all your beautiful walks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:33 pm

    I am jealous that you can walk! I like my kale cooked and seasoned.

    ReplyDelete