Monday, March 20, 2006

Stout lady jumps up and down with excitement

Wow! What fun! I've just been doing a little blog-browsing and found that my (and so many people's) favourite bloggers have taken notice of me! Granted, I forced myself on their attention by commenting on their very funny blogs; but Zara of Yo Heave Ho has linked to me and Shauna of The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl and What's New, Pussycat? has commented kindly. These are probably the most exciting things that have happened to me since I last gave birth - the baby son is now 21. I would put a list of these splendid people - and of various others that I enjoy reading - at the side of my page if I knew how. Daughter 1 knows how, but she's busy with Future Son-in-Law, making the orders of service for their wedding. So I'll content myself with little thrilled squeaks. Can you hear them?

Daughter 1 has just wandered in and made the links above for me. What a helpful person.

I've been very frustrated for the last few days because Blogger wouldn't accept my password when I was trying to comment on a few other blogs. I think it may have cured itself now - or some kind person in Bloggerville may have responded to my plaintive email.

Daughter 2, who is at university in England, sent me an email today entitled "Homesick". She's tired of being away and wants the term to end (though she's fine really). I miss her so much! We all do. It's really so terrible when one's children grow up and leave - not that it's happened to us all that much (only intermittently and, so far, not permanently). And of course it would be pathetic if they stayed with their mum and dad for ever. But oh dear! I think there should be a law that grown-up children should live no more than one mile from their parents.

Clingy? Me?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:37 am

    I totally agree! I think children should live within an easy drive away from their parents. That way, all you have to do is jump in the car, and away you go. Glad to see you are having a good time with us all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to put the blog links in either! I tried the directions given by blogger "help", but it didn't work. Very frustrating...

    ReplyDelete