Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Happy Hallowe'en, a bit late.

Daughter 2 had a flat-warming Hallowe'en party. She hasn't actually moved in yet.

Here are Son and his girlfriend. Note the tails. They're cats. Daughter 2 plans to change the curtains.

Another couple of cats: my niece and her friend.


This chap appears to be a fox but I think there was something more to it.



I made a cake.


A couple of mummies chatting to a space witch. (You'd never heard of space witches, had you?)


Daughter 2 was a spider. Note the six extra eyes on her head.

And extra legs too. Fierce!
I can't believe she's actually going to leave home. I don't think she does either.






9 comments:

  1. Well, it looks like she's making a grand exit Isabelle! I LOVE your cute cake -- I'll bet all the kids did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very nice send off. And it's not as though she's moving to the moon, which my children did [close enough!] She's in the same town as you Isabelle. You'll see her often [seething sounds of jealousy.] And after all, even little spiders turn into grown-up spiders, and use those extra legs to scurry on off to webs of their own. Which she is doing. Best of good Irish luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very enjoyable party. I agree with Molly - how nice to have children relatively close at hand. Is Hallowe'en celebrated extensively in Scotland? It is now more commonly celebrated in Australia, which strikes me as odd as it is not really part of our tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun party! Having your children leave home...oh, I can't bear it. My baby is not even 18 months old and already I feel sad at the thought of her eventually leaving. Gee, I'm helpful, aren't I? Sorry about that, I am very emotional today. It's so great that your girl won't be far away from you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun. Did anyone carve a turnip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:47 am

    Terrifying - every one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would offer words of comfort on the occasion of the nest emptying, but I have sort of used them all up on my Mum on the occasion of her little boy and her grandchildren moving to Australia! And we kids always assume you parental units would be glad to see the back of us!.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great party. I love costumes and your group has a bunch of good ones.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daughter 2 makes a very pretty Spider!!

    ReplyDelete