Friday, June 23, 2017

Sweltering



We used to have a gift for arriving in places just as they were hit by a heatwave. I thought we'd managed to shake off this unwanted talent. But no. This week we've been in London, visiting Daughter 2.


On Wednesday it got up to 34 degrees, which is 93.2 Fahrenheit. This, let me remind you, is in a country which generally doesn't have - usually doesn't need - air conditioning. Not in houses, not in most workplaces, not in buses and I've no idea about underground railways but they're all sorts of temperatures, usually HOT.



We do not like hot.



However, we got to see her and the new, slightly unfinished, studio, where she is now working.




To be continued.

7 comments:

  1. We have heat like that every year and you just never get use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a heatwave of 80s and 90s this weekend, but I think it's cooling back down next week. 70s is fine with me! In the Pacific Northwest we are not used to HOT weather either, and many of us(like me!) don't have A/C. I have a portable unit but it doesn't work for my bedroom. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be continued ....when you have enjoyed a cool shower, a long cool drink and found some energy! I feel for you - I am hopeless in high temperatures..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought of you earlier in the week when temperatures were soaring here - must have been incredibly hot in the city. Hope you had a good time regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sympathy! I do not like heat...We had a very cool May and a much too hot June...But we are starting a cooler week before it gets too hot again...Regardless of the heat, it must be lovely visiting your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:30 pm

    Oh dear, I cannot imagine London in those temperatures! I hope that you survived?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain Pam, I don't like hot either. It was above 100 most days while I was in Utah -- thankfully, we had air conditioning ... and mountains where we could escape!

    ReplyDelete