Monday, October 28, 2019

Crazy passions


It was still the school holidays last Tuesday, so Daughter 1 and I took her children to the Glasgow Science Centre. They watched balls whizzing about on an energy machine,


investigated the power of air currents and did all sorts of other things.


It was fun. I wonder if they'll grow up to be scientists? I didn't, but some members of the family are certainly scientifically orientated.


 Brio trains retain their popularity.



Today, Mr L and I went to the exhibition "Royalty and the Romanovs" at The Queen's Gallery. This comprised various portraits of the royal families of Europe - mostly those married to one of the many offspring of Queen Victoria - but concentrating on the Russian royals. There were also some Faberge eggs and other exquisite ornaments. It was interesting and of course, when one got on to Nicholas II, sad. Amazing to think that those murders happened only thirty years before Mr L was born. History certainly telescopes as one gets older.

We then had a cup of tea in the Queen's cafe and looked out on the hill and the autumn trees.


It was slightly frosty this morning for the first time.


Brr. But the weather's been beautiful. There's certainly something to be said for autumn at its best. 


Daughter 1 to Biggest Granddaughter: Come and let me brush your hair - it's gone a bit mad.
Granddaughter: But that's right, Mummy, because I have a good heart but crazy passions. 

(As Daughter 1 says - who writes her scripts?)



4 comments:

  1. Curiosity is certainly a blessing in this life. Your grandchildren will never be bored, I think, regardless of what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such fantastic things with the grands; they are exploring many interests which is always a positive. You'll be glad you're writing down some of her sayings! They'll be fun to look back on later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. to follow on from your comment - I was just thinking after reading this post how lovely and cosy your sitting room looks! No hideous bare bricks and wide doorways ... we get super cold in winter and it's not sensible. Royalty and the Romanovs looks fascinating, although I agree with telescoping history - the line between 'ancient history' and 'modern' always seems to be about the time a person was born :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL -- that little Granddaughter 1 is going to keep you hopping -- she's so cute. I'm glad you write down the funny things she says. I need to start doing that with our littles -- I keep thinking I'll remember, but I never do. Looks like another beautiful autumn in Scotland -- my favorite time of the year there!

    ReplyDelete