Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Things continue to be rather virus-ridden

And so life trundles on. On Friday we tried to go to the designated drive-in flu clinic but... However, we went again on Sunday and got duly jabbed, so that's one thing achieved.  

We had the Edinburgh grandchildren on Friday under permitted child care rules, which was lovely, though we can't mix with their parents indoors. We also had the landscapers, who put up fence posts and then departed. 

On Saturday we went with Daughter 1 and family (two households of up to six people, outdoors, legal) to Jupiter Artland, which we always enjoy. 

I was slightly worried that the children would fall in, but they didn't. 

Grandson really likes this bridge, which is called "Only Connect". Shades of EM Forster there  - not my favourite author, ruined for me by a university tutor, Dr Sultana (such a good name) who pointed out that EMF's novels are full of "crude coincidence". Only, Dr Sultana couldn't pronounce his "r"s and so he called them "ccchhwood coincidences", which they've been for me ever since. I don't know why Grandson finds this lump of concrete so interesting but he likes all bridges so I suppose it's that. 

I'm missing this little person, helping (well...) with the London garden here

and reading (well...) a book on the sofa, with Epping Forest in the background. Look at her little feet!

 

On Sunday we went for a walk along the river, admiring the autumn colours. 



Very leafy


 and pink.

Then yesterday, when the landscapers were due to return, it poured.  So they didn't, reasonably enough. It didn't stop raining till this morning and even then everything was sodden, so they didn't come today either. I have hopes for tomorrow. Of course, if our turf had been laid already, all this rain would have been very convenient. 

Ah well, such is life. 

I'm just hand-sewing the back of the binding of my African fabrics quilt. I hope my friend likes it... . 


2 comments:

  1. I'm an ambivalent fan (we've been learning about oxymoron in school this last week) of Julian of Norwich, but I do find myself telling people that all will be well... and all manner of things will be well. I fully believe that your beautiful grandchildren and the landscaping will be well indeed. I'm not sure about the rest, so I'm choosing not to think about it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful autumn colors and reflections in the water. I like bridges too although that one seems a little dull. I'm glad that you can still see family, although the limits are no fun. :(

    ReplyDelete