Wednesday, January 06, 2021

The call of the running tide


Today was beautiful - still cold, but with no wind. In the afternoon we went to check on Daughter 2's Edinburgh flat (still no interest from buyers - talk about terrible timing! - who could have predicted that giving her tenants notice last January might not be the best idea?) and then walked down to Newhaven. The sun was bright but low in the sky - the days are getting slightly longer, though. 

Boats. One came in with lobster pots. 

We walked out along the jetty

and round the corner to the shore, looking across to Fife (one of the many places we can't go)

and back along the coast to the Forth Bridges in the west. 

These flats are not typical of Edinburgh architecture. They have huge windows looking out over the sea. 

South of France, anyone? 

At the end of the walkway we saw this large tug boat

and watched as it started backing out of quite a narrow space. 

There's a job I wouldn't want. 

Backing is not my strongest point. 

And off it went. Shortly after this it turned and made its way out of the estuary and into the sea proper. I sort of envied it - I'm sure we all feel we'd like to go almost anywhere - but sunset wasn't far away and I didn't really fancy sailing into the cold night. 

So we walked back up the hill and went home to our warm house. 

And that was another day. 

 

8 comments:

  1. I love the sun shining and the water. My favorite walking conditions are a sunny day on the local waterfront. (Tacoma's Ruston Way) There are also some very expensive condos there with views of the Sound and the Olympic Mountains. We used to go there for dinner sometimes prior to the pandemic. I miss those times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures from your walks. What a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much indeed for the photo of Fife! I have waved and blown kisses to our friend in Kirkcaldy. You have made me very happy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, sorry you're in lockdown again, but it sounds like you're making the best of it. I do hope J is doing better. I laughed when you said backing isn't your strongpoint. I have the same problem -- when we had a riding lawnmower, I would attach the wagon and then sometimes I had to backup -- it never ended well LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. CARLOS ELLISON for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds. Carlos Ellison you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email:
    carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:53 pm

    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Email:lee944418@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Mohammed Ahsan I'm a financial Consultant of a reputable firm Operating out of the United Kingdom
    we provide Discrete Financial, Services for High Net Worth CEO's/Executives of Corporation & Senior Government Officials globally.
    What we do is Legal & within the ambit of the law but following the Leakage of the Infamous United Kingdom
    Papers & subsequent threat by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ)
    International Criminal Court (ICC)
    Below is what my Sender can offer.
    1, MT103 gpi automatic
    2, MT103 wire transfer
    3, MT103 TT
    4, MT103/202 manual download
    5, SBLC lease and Purchase

    All bank instrument will be done via bank officer to bank officer, Receiver has to provide bank officer details
    on DOA all brokers are welcome and guarantee of there payment after successful deal
    kindly send me a message via email and WhatsApp.


    Email: mohammedahsan877@gmail.com

    WhatsApp- +19893413179

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:56 am

    I’m recommending a verified and trusted trader for those who would like to learn and earn extra money weekly on C R Y P T O C U R R E N C Y trading ,for example with an investment Worth of $500 you can earn $3500 to $4500 weekly

    Withdrawals are processed when due

    100% Genuine and Reliable

    To set up an investment contact on

    Whats-App: +27633586789
    E-mail: wilsontradeszone@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete