Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Life as we know it

Spring has sprung complete with flowers that bloom, tra la, but nevertheless it's been a fairly full-on week. A week past Monday evening, I had to take Mr Life to Accident and Emergency because he wasn't well, so that wasn't good. We arrived at 8.15pm and I finally left at 3.15am, when they decided to keep him in to see a consultant in the morning - later in the morning. I then went back to collect him and he was released with pills and things. But it's all a bit sobering. 

On Saturday, Big Grandson and I went to Glasgow on a train to ride around on buses, which he considers fun. First we went to the Kelvingrove Art Gallery, where we had an early lunch and a bit of culture. 

He inspected these floating heads.


We enjoyed an organ recital. 

And then we got on and off a selection of buses for much of the afternoon. He's great company. 

When we got back to Waverley Station in Edinburgh there was a steam engine pulling old carriages where people were sitting at tables with frilly lamps and eating afternoon tea. So that was quite interesting too. We took photos for the grandfathers, both of whom like steam engines. 

So yes, good and bad. 

I got lovely Mother's Day flowers but now that they've faded, I've replaced them with a more modest bunch from the garden. 

And so life goes on. 
 

7 comments:

  1. I’m so sorry to hear that you and Mr Life have had this shock and worry and I do hope the pills and things will sort things out. You must be pretty exhausted - seven hours in A&E is no picnic. Glad though to see that you had some jolly times with grandson. We have been the people eating tea on a steam train, but that was in York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that wasn't how you'd planned to spend last Monday evening, was it!! I do hope the doctors can get the problem sorted quickly and it's just a 'one off'. This getting older stuff isn't all fun, is it. That grandson is such an interesting boy -his fascination with transport could lead him into all sorts of interesting careers. All yet to unfold. How lucky you are to spend such happy times with him too. I hope it helped you unwind after the worrying time with MrLife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Mr. Life is feeling well and the meds are working. That was rugged spending so much time in ER and then the nice contrast of spending time with grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful excursion but I'm now very concerned about Mr. L. Hope he is OK. Give him my very best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a good trip out...not the one with Mr Life, the other!
    Hope Mr L is feeling better. Pirate here is not good. Hoping to get some answers soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Mr L is on the mend and feeling much better. It's such a shock when 'things' go wrong.
    The floating heads are quite disturbing - to me, anyway.
    Grandchildren are great company, no matter what their age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dear. I hope Mr. Life is feeling better. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting -- "Log in with Google" has been harrassing me. I thought it was leaving comments, but apparently not. Hopefully I've figured it out. XO

    ReplyDelete