Sunday, April 02, 2023

Nothing much...

Life has been mercifully unnewsworthy for the past week. Mr L is taking the medication and seems to be all right; thanks for your concern. We went to the Botanics and said hello to some ducks,

lots of daffodils

a cherry tree


and a cat.

I did a tiny bit of archiving and came across this photo of my paternal grandparents. I never knew this grandfather, who died a few months before I was born, and this grandmother moved down south when I was four or five, so we didn't see her much - travel wasn't so easy then. And then she sadly got dementia. She was born in 1885, so was 65 by the time I was born and I don't remember her much apart from as a confused old lady. I do hope that her kind of dementia isn't genetic. Of her three children, my dad didn't get it, the older of his sisters did and the younger didn't. So - crossing my fingers. I think I'm now older than she was when she developed it and I think I'm ok so far. 


Then yesterday we went to the local flower show, which is always enjoyable, and out to dinner with friends, also lovely. They have a large house and LOTS of stuff, which always makes me feel almost minimalist in comparison. I mean, I'm actually far from minimalist. But at least my Stuff is either tidily out, to be decorative, or lurking in cupboards. 


 

6 comments:

  1. The lurking in cupboards thing--I understand that completely. I wouldn't want anyone to peek in mine. So glad that Mr L is feeling good and that you're getting out to enjoy the beauties of spring and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely daffodils in the park and on display. Barely a sign of Autumn colours here yet. Summer was only about one week long ( between Christmas and New Year ) but the weather now is very warm and good for gardening. Best wishes to you both. I hope R's health continues to improve .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people just don't see the ever increasing detritus . The main problem here is BOOKS, ever increasing piles of books, and just behind that grandchildren's toys, Lego, Playmobile and .... yes, BOOKS. We do have a very successful System box system for storing the children's things and they are fantastic about clearing away (they each spent a day or two a week with us as preschoolers so we had to be well stocked and organised). But, looking up from where I sit I see two lovely little dragons, painted toilet rolls, felt wings and spiked tails, that have given me joy since they were made during the first Lock down, three years ago!! Perhaps it's time they went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they still give you joy, don't get rid of them!

      Delete
  4. How fun to see your grandparents. I can definitely see you in your grandmother -- do others tell you that too? We have WAY too much stuff but I'm too busy sewing to clean it up. I'm worried that I'm getting to the hoarding stage (or way past it) with fabric. In other news, it's springtime and you know what that means. I don't get spring fever but I'm annually afflicted with Scotland Fever. I need ANOTHER trip LOL. Oh, one other thing -- after L posted about Katie Morag, I managed to find one of her books (an old library copy from somewhere, no less!) for the girls -- sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those beautiful daffodils! We are autumn leaves here, not the same at all. Those flower show daffs are so perfect they look almost fake, how wonderful ...

    ReplyDelete