Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Good times

Littlest Granddaughter went to the Hackney Empire with Daughter 2, to see "Aladdin", with Nephew playing percussion, including  comedy bangs and crashes. Here she is, pointing to him. 


Here he is.

And this is his photo of them - before the performance began, you understand. 

The interval. She is his greatest fan. He's been coming to perform in the Fringe in August, and staying with us, and she - also staying with us - thinks he's great. I mean, so do the rest of us. 

Meanwhile, Big Grandson and I spent a wet Sunday afternoon on the buses, which is BG's idea of a good time. And I like spending time with him so I have a good time too. We got a 43 to South Queensferry. 


We stayed on to the terminus, which was surprisingly far from the centre of the town, and when we got off the bus, it developed a fault. So we got a ... 62 or something? ... to the Gyle shopping centre and then a 12 back here for tea. It's quite fun getting on a bus and saying, "Where do you go?" and then saying, "Oh, ok, we'll go there."


Littlest Granddaughter was Mary in her school nativity play. Awww. 
 

5 comments:

  1. Littlest Granddaughter is so excited! What fun for everyone. You are a a wonderful granny to ride the buses with grandson; I get a bit carsick on buses so I admire you even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for Littlest Granddaughter. Bus rides can be fun, though I haven't been on a bus for years. I need one of my grandsons to develop a passion for real life transport;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful times you all are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man -- I'm going to have to remember that bus trip for the next time I'm in Scotland -- how fun to just go wherever the bus is going -- you do have so much fun with your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! In exciting transport news, husband and I travelled from Yorkshire last Saturday to ride the tram to Newhaven. I am sure Big Grandson would be proud of us, especially as we managed to do the crossover at Ocean Terminal, despite the works ending last Thursday 😀

    ReplyDelete