Thursday, March 21, 2024

Back again

I've been down in London visiting Daughter 2 and family. Littlest Granddaughter taught me a very complicated game. 

Daughter 2 managed to get the grass cut. It's been very wet down there, and their garden is terrible London clay, so is very soggy in those circumstances. But the grass'll dry better now it's shorter. We also did some weeding and Daughter 2 planted some stuff. So, all good. 

We did a bit of playparking. 


We also sat in her kitchen, chatting and admiring the cut lawn. The second of Littlest G's front teeth wobbled out. She doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy but was happy to find the pound coin underneath her pillow. 


Then I came back. This is Kings Cross station. That crowd on the left is a long caterpillar of people queuing up to have their photos taken (at, I imagine, some expense) in front of a wall which is blank apart from a sign saying "Platform 9 and three-quarters" (the three-quarters is written as a fraction but I can't get my computer to do this in Blogger).  There's always a queue like this. Strange! I never got into Harry Potter - read the first book and thought it was a bit unoriginal, but am informed that things improved in subsequent books. I haven't seen the films either. 


It was nice to get home, but I miss Daughter 2 and her little one.  

And while I was away, this happened. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't get into Harry Potter, either, but enjoyed the films I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the first book and couldn't get into it, but then (out of boredom) grabbed the second one and was hooked. I like the white and yellow daffodils! I don't like the all yellow ones very much. They are up here too although the tulips are taking their sweet time. I would be in that queue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read past the first HP book either, but the kids sure love them. My youngest wouldn't really read when he was in middle school, but he did make an exception for all of the HP books. Therefore, on one of my trips through Kings Cross station, I found myself in that line taking a picture to send to him. It was free at that time -- and a much shorter line. All the tourist places seem to be much more crowded these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wobbly little fang stage is fun! I myself would absolutely line up for a photo at platform 9 and 3/4 ... loved all the HP books. I think it's because I grew up on Mallory Towers and St Clare's and boarding school stories generally ... which HP is just a variant of! Midnight feasts and sports fixtures :)

    ReplyDelete