Saturday, September 19, 2009

Communication failure

Is it just me and my computer or is anyone else finding that they can't add pictures to their blog posts? Everything on the picture-adding screen is very pale and especially the "Cancel" and "Upload Image" squares, which aren't clickable. I found this last night and thought that Blogger was just having an off day, but it's still the same. Any solutions?

My colleague Joyce's son, Stephen, works part-time as a temp for the BBC, in Radio 1 - he has done this for some time and hopes to make radio his career. He phoned her on Thursday in a state of excitement and though it was a bad mobile phone line she was soon jumping around and squealing with equal or even greater excitement. After a while they had to terminate the call because it kept breaking up. "What was that all about?" I asked.

"Yesterday [famous presenter] gave him a lift home!" she beamed. "Maybe [famous presenter]'s going to be his mentor! Isn't that great? I'm so pleased for him!"

Then her phone beeped: a text.

It said: "I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I shared an elevator yesterday with [famous presenter]."

Oh well.

9 comments:

  1. Ah. Different kind of lift! I have no idea whether Blogger is letting you upload pictures, for I am terminally lazy and can very rarely be bothered to even try. Have you got it sorted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to click on the Agree to Terms, or however they put it, button first. Then it worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same for me - agree to terms and conditions (or is that the world of work?)- and it was fine. But I can't get my photos spaced evenly; it does what it likes with them. After one attempt with the new super-duper Editor, which does load photos much faster, I had to revert to the old clonky one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what a shame! The first version is so much more fun.

    Thought you'd appreciate that Tali just plunked his head on my foot for a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One way of going up in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll take what we can get, whether the brushes with greatness occur in the elevator or even the humble toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Z, I clicked on the agreement terms next to the upload box and all works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha -- sometimes a lift is only a lift. Well, it still must've been a very exciting ride. Looks like you're getting a good suggestion for your blogger problems -- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not had the photo problems. Now a small voice inside me, superstitiously, tells me I shall.
    Laughed at Anna~ a lift is not a lift.

    ReplyDelete