Friday, October 19, 2018

Away, away


Daughter 2 and her husband have had scarlet fever, so I've been down in London helping to look after the baby. Such a sacrifice! We went to playgroup,


walked by the pond to look at the ducks,


had the odd snooze,


ate some snacks,


wore a sunhat (well, she did - it was warm),


had a birthday (hers) and enjoyed some cake,


and went for more walks.

She is such a sweetie (biased? me?) and it was so nice spending time with her and Daughter 2 (who is now better, as is her husband). I was away for nine days, though, and have had to spend lots of time with the Edinburgh grandchildren since my return, because I missed them (and Mr L) so much. And now I miss Littlest Granddaughter - not to say Middle Granddaughter. Ah me, eheu.

8 comments:

  1. She is a total sweetie. That puc of her in the sunhat - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing nurse can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful bonding experience! Scarlet fever? I didn't realize people still got that. Wow! Glad they're better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:03 pm

      I thought the same as Margaret - so surprised to hear it.

      Delete
  4. Such a darling girl! And so good to hear Daughter 2 and her husband are better now. So fun to spend this time with littlest granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh -- I'm so glad everyone is on the mend. Did littlest granddaughter also get scarlet fever? And what about you? We never hear of it here -- I looked it up and it said it's rare here, but the UK has experienced a resurgence in the last 4 or 5 years. I hope the rest of you stay healthy! (And you're not biased -- littlest granddaughter is adorable!)

    ReplyDelete

  6. Do you have any video of that? I'd like to find out more details.
    คาสิโน

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a family likeness! I'm glad everyone is better though. There's been a lot of illness about. Is scarlet fever the same as scarletina? Another disease we hardly hear about.

    ReplyDelete