Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Flowers and buds


Summer is in full swing and the garden is bursting with colour.


I do love it, even though some of the major spreaders are going to have to be dealt with. The garden is not large and some things are determined to take over, such as these pink leucanthemums. They remind me of my youth, though - my girlhood garden had lots of these.


Lavender. I love lavender and this is a particularly bright one.


On the path by the golf course, ragwort and cow parsley are doing their thing too.



 And these oxeye daisies, which are a cousin of the pink ones in the garden.


We went up to visit The Unbloggables today, which was lovely. Here's Middle Granddaughter playing in the sand...


and on the slide, or chute (as we call it here) with Son.


Here's a rare photo of me, with Little Grandson. I have to crop him out so I could hardly crop me out too.


We walked up to the burn (stream) and paddled. Well, Middle Granddaughter and Son did. We didn't bring our boots.


She suits her hat.


This is one of their cats, who for some reason decided to sleep on the gravel. I suppose it was warm and fur must make good padding. She has a nice comfortable bed in the house, plus many blankets on high shelves away from little patting hands.

A lovely day.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day with your family! You look great in the photo. We're all self-conscious of how we appear in them. I feel fairly young until I see myself in a photo! Ack. That cat looks like my Mari. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is so lovely, and of course, so is your family. What a great photo of you with someone unblogable in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how lovely to meet you too! We're all such shrinking violets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:32 pm

    How lovely to see you at last! Which is pretty much what I recently said to Lucille.

    And what a lovely garden you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful pic of my favorite granny!!! Your garden is beautiful, as always. I've tried several times in vain to grow lavender -- it always starts out well, then fizzles. If I had those cute little pink mum-y flowers, I'd let them do whatever they wanted. You'll be happy to know that Jim was digging up some dead shrubs and he saw ... a slug! I've never seen them in my digging. We have a problem area where everything seems to die, so I'm suspecting that there might be something under the ground having a feast. Well, at least that's my theory....

    ReplyDelete