Thursday, September 12, 2019

Nothing much happening here...


There's a nip in the air in the evenings now and the days are shortening. We walked along to the Gallery of Modern Art the other day. The equipment for the children's summer activities is still there, but deserted.


No one was running about on the Landform, because the children are all in school. (And I'm not. O joy.)


We walked back along the river, which was flowing slowly.


I've been cutting out the quilt for Daughter 2's friend's baby, which is due very soon. She wants it to be blue, in self-colours. (Anna asks what self-colours are, and I couldn't think of what Americans call this, so had to consult Mr Google. Solids. Aha.) I did sneak in some patterns on the corners of the squares: the baby needs something interesting to look at, I feel. (Actually, I'm going to put some more patterned fabrics on the back, but the mum doesn't need to look at this. Architects (eg D2 and her friends) do sometimes go for minimalism - I'm lucky she didn't ask for a grey and black quilt.)


I'm going to fiddle around with the arrangement and add a border, but this is the rough idea. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, autumn is coming here too. More rain, and cooler in the evenings. I kind of like it. Blue is my favorite color so I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pattern you chose. My teenage granddaughter wanted a quilt in solid colors, purple, red and teal! I haven't quilted in years and couldn't think what I should use for a pattern. I chose Snowball but am not enjoying working on it at all! I added tan to give contrast. I wish it were done already but I have a long ways to go.

    ReplyDelete