Thursday, February 25, 2021

Sad

I am now becoming more and more frustrated at this situation. Our distant grandchildren are growing up without us. We have totally and for ever missed the opportunity of cuddling our distant grandson as a baby - he'll be 2 in May and doesn't know us apart from on a screen. With the others too, we've missed so many stages in their development. Not that they're not lovely as they are, but there's nothing, nothing, like a baby. When will we see them? Well, possibly April or May - a long time in the development of a child. I know other people have had awful experiences while we have been safe and comfortable, but - I deeply mourn these losses. 

And that's not even mentioning other family members, and friends - all missed so much. 

We are lucky to be able to see the Edinburgh Two, however, and last weekend as so often (there's not much variety of outings to choose from) we met them and their parents at the Botanics and walked round, more or less in the permitted twos. 


Thank goodness that it's spring. I don't normally mind the winter but this year I've minded it horribly. That golden monkey is still climbing up Inverleith House. 


At last it was warm enough to stand around outside and chat. 


The snowdrops were beautiful.


Our garden is also showing signs of spring and I spent Monday tidying up the front. Sadly, I was very aware of my seventy years afterwards - every joint ached. Still, I enjoyed it. 


But much of this week has been spent home-schooling. Here is Big Grandson making a poster (for school) illustrating random acts of kindness, assisted by his polar bear. I don't know why he decided to do this on the conservatory floor rather than the table where he'd been doing his maths.


Here we are meeting his sister from school. She seems to be fine with being back there and they played on the playing field afterwards, getting fresh air, exercise and somewhat muddy. 

6 comments:

  1. Trying times indeed. I used to sprawl on the floor like that to read the newspaper. Now that I'm all grown up, and old, I sit sedately at the table, but I think it was more fun your grandson's way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I join you in sadness and regret for our lost times. I am missing Niko's very exciting first year. My arms ache to snuggle him, and I want to kiss his chubby cheeks. I'm hoping to get back there in May or June to visit, but everything is so up in the air right now. As a retired teacher, I prefer more of a PLAN. I don't like the uncertainty of all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad. We have not seen any family since Autumn 2019 as the planned Family Round Tour was cancelled last March. Seeing grandchildren grow and develop , start school, start big school..and come up to leaving school.. missing a wedding..just seeing photographs...but the time will come again to see them all again

    ReplyDelete
  4. As gz and Margaret say, you are not alone in all of this. Many of us have had to miss so much family life during the last year. When this involves new babies it represents a total loss as the baby is now a walking-talking little person. But we are still here, the family is safe elsewhere, and thanks to some wonderful scientific work we will be able to meet again in future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. CARLOS ELLISON for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds. Carlos Ellison you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email:
    carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
    Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    Text (407) 777-4240
    I just said I should share my own story here
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete