Monday, March 21, 2022

Edinburgh in the sunshine

Daughter 2 came home for a flying visit last weekend. She had a meeting in Glasgow on the Thursday and then came through to us for the night and the next day. We missed Littlest Granddaughter but on the other hand we did get less-interrupted chats without her.  We went to the Botanics on Friday morning. Naturally. 


And then we had lunch with Daughter 1 and family near her office and then in the afternoon, the Edinburgh Two and their dad came round. They enjoyed getting Auntie Daughter 2 to themselves too. Sadly, she got the 6.30pm train back to London, arriving home very late indeed.  

She took away with her the sleeping bag that she'd requested me to make for two toy mice. It was a very quick make. 

On Saturday we walked with our walking friends by the Water of Leith in Dean Village. 

It was a beautiful day. 

And we ended up at the Botanics again. One can never visit too much!


Then we walked up through the New Town to Princes Street and got the bus home. 

This is the view of Princes Street Gardens from the bus stop.

The mice appreciated their sleeping bag. (Their children mice had come supplied with their own.)


Then yesterday we walked along the canal with the Edinburgh family. Looking one way, you can easily imagine what it was like 150 years ago. 


But a bit further along in the opposite direction, it's much more modern and hardly like Edinburgh at all. 



 

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have so much family time! I loved walking around Edinburgh--such a gorgeous city full of history and lovely scenery. (especially in the nice weather!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for all the family visits! Isn't it fun to sew for the grandchildren? The mice look so happy in their new bed - what a fun project. I've been walking a lot too but it's ever-so-boring -- mostly indoors on a track as our weather hasn't been nice enough for outdoor walks (and I'll only subject myself to bad weather walking if there is something to look at LOL.) Anyway, I feel like a hamster on a walking wheel -- I can't wait for the beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contact him for all kind of hacks . Email him here support@wavedrive.tech go on their website wavedrive.tech for more details,Whatsapp No:+14106350697 if you want to chat them up,One thing i can assure you would not regret this at all he is 100% legit.

    ReplyDelete