Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Hey ho

On Saturday, Mr L and I took Big Grandson to Glasgow (on two trains, which he much enjoyed) to see the model railway exhibition. It's three years since this last took place, because of Covid. The last time, Big Grandson was only 7, and didn't have the same viewing stamina as Mir L, so this time I went with them to allow Mr L to go round more thoroughly. However, this time Big Grandson's stamina easily equalled Mr L's, so after a while I found a chair and read my book. 

So that was a nice day. He had a lovely time - well, they both did. 


And it's spring, and the garden is blooming. The news is, by contrast, awful. But what can one really do except hope for the best and admire the beauties of nature? 




Today we went to the Botanics and forgot our worries for a while. 

I never think I really mind the winter, but when spring comes, I realise that I've missed the light and the colour. 


The Botanics have so many snowdrops. I have some, but they don't hugely like my garden, I don't think. 
Hey ho. 

Blogger is playing silly devils, as it sometimes does, and I can't reply to any comments in the comments. But thank you, non-bloggers, for your messages. They're much appreciated. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the flowers--I have crocuses which are beautiful. Purple, not orange. It sounds like a great time in Glasgow; I still want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Mr. L's love of trains has been passed on to N -- what a fun day for both of them. The flowers are beautiful -- and now you have me wondering if snowdrops would do well here -- we have no flowers yet, but it won't be long. XO

    ReplyDelete