Saturday, April 16, 2022

Good news


Life is quite packed with events, somehow - I never seem to have caught up with what I plan to do. Of course, quilting doesn't help... . I've finished one of the quilts for the bunks we bought a while ago, for accommodating grandchildren. Here it is. 


Now I'm quilting the other one, which is the same colours but a different pattern. Such fun. 


Look at this fine wallflower - beautiful in every respect but it's orange. I could swear it was yellow last year. Hmm. 

I took the Edinburgh grandchildren to the Camera Obscura, which does have a camera obscura but is mainly five floors of optical illusions. They had fun. 


Here they are on the roof, spotting buses (in Big Grandson's case). 

The view is good, though the weather was a bit hazy.


Here I am, taking a photo of the pair of them in a distorting mirror. 


Then they came back here and played with Brio. Their parents were at a wedding down south. 



Yesterday Mr Life took Big Grandson (at his request) to Newcastle, to ride around on the Metro. Each to his own. 

And Son-in-Law 1 and I took Big Granddaughter to a climbing wall and trampoline place. Here she is, at the top of a wall. You wouldn't get me doing this. Each to her own. 


Today we went out with our walking friends, along cycle paths for five miles or so, ending up


in the gardens of Lauriston Castle, in their spring glory. 


Such a lovely day, in good company.
 

In house news, Daughter 2 and her husband have now exchanged contracts on their new house, have definitely sold their flat and are thus moving on the 29th of this month. Whew! 

And about an hour ago, my very nice nephew WhatsApped us to say that he and his equally nice girlfriend are now engaged. 

So - some good news! 
 

4 comments:

  1. This is all very good news: wonderful activities and a housing resolution for Daughter 2. Yay! I've watched several shows where the characters are from Newcastle and I really need my subtitles. :) P.S. Orange flowers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a relief on the housing front - that is indeed a mad system! You can't pull that nonsense in Australia - once you've exchanged contracts you go through with it or lose your 10% deposit. Mind you, that might explain some episodes of Location Location Location I've never really understood.... your quilt looks beautiful on the white bunk bed! Very lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good, good, goods and well done there.
    My those 2 have grown!
    We enjoyed Camera Obscura when we were there . That view across the roof tops is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contact him for all kind of hacks . Email him here support@wavedrive.tech go on their website wavedrive.tech for more details,Whatsapp No:+14106350697 if you want to chat them up,One thing i can assure you would not regret this at all he is 100% legit.

    ReplyDelete