August is going to be busy with Festival visitors, and we're leading a walk in early September, so we did an experimental recce on Friday. We got the train to Kirkcaldy (pronounced Kir-coddy) and admired their civic flower arrangements.
Then we walked down to the sea through Kirkcaldy and on to (a bit of) the Fife Coastal Path,
which was scenic. We took the high tide route because... the tide was high.
We reached Dysart Harbour, where we had lunch.
It was quite a warm day, though intermittently cloudy, which was good. It would have been a hot walk otherwise.
I was intrigued by this shed covered by, I assume, names from former boats.
Then we retraced our steps.
Not sure what this little lookout tower was for, apart from the obvious.
As we walked through Ravenscraig Park, we detoured to Ravenscraig Castle, which was built for Mary of Gueldres in about 1640.
It used to look like this.
But now looks like this. We scrambled about a bit - well, maybe not precisely scrambled, but went up and down some rather precarious steps and steep, slightly slippery paths to get to the back of the castle. Some people never learn.
And then we went back down into Kirkcaldy, noticing this building as we passed. It was built in 1692 and was in distinctly better repair than the castle. It's now a medical centre.













Kirkcaldy medical centre looks most attractive. Pity about the castle, though. It was a nice walk and I'm glad no-one slipped badly on the slippery path.
ReplyDeleteI was a scam victim, and lost a lot of money up to $170,000 I would like to express my gratitude to Innovations recovery Analyst for their exceptional assistance in recovering my funds from a forex broker. Their expertise and professionalism in navigating the complex process were truly commendable. Through their guidance and relentless efforts, I was able to successfully recover my funds of $170,000, providing me with much-needed relief. I highly recommend them on - INNOVATIONSANALYST@ GMAIL. COM or WhatsApp + 1 424 285 0682 to anyone facing similar challenges, as their dedication and commitment to helping clients are truly impressive. Grateful for their invaluable support in resolving this matter.
DeleteWe think we did about seven miles, and the road up the hill through the town to get our train was a bit wearisome. Fortunately, the art gallery, with its very nice cafe, is just adjacent to the station, so we went there for a short collapse and refuel. It was a good day, though.
Your walks are always so interesting and filled with history and scenic views.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely walk! I am always in awe of how old everything is, which is very colonial of me :) and your garden is looking beautiful too. When do you prune your hydrangeas? I did mine in winter last year and I think I cut off all the flowers… I want them to look like yours!
ReplyDeleteI prune mine in the spring.
DeleteBest Natural Roots and Herbs for Curing Herpes Type 1&2 Virus, Herbalist Dr. Kham Remedies, Your herbal medicine is a good products to Eradicate Herpes Virus, I was a carrier of Herpes before now it was hell living with it until I saw testimony on how Dr. Kham cured Herpes and I decided to contact him and he guided me because we talked over the phone. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedy for my health. Thanks to God that now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. Kham herbal medication, I'm very thankful to him and also get to know about him on his website, Thank you doctor for shipping out to me the two weeks of herbal medication to cure herpes . I got the medication from ups and I used it for two weeks accordingly as you instructed me and I'm so glad to tell you and announce to the world that I've been totally cured from herpes disease. Please, Contact Dr. Kham for him to help you to eradicate your herpes virus with his two weeks herbal Remedies. Dr Kham Email; dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or WhatsApp +234 815 992 2297. Am So Happy Recommending Dr Kham Remedies to all Herpes 1&2 Patients out There. Visit his website herbalistdrkhamcaregiver.simdif.com
ReplyDeleteI have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Omofuma and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Omofuma telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Omofuma(dromofuma97@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address: dromofuma97@gmail.com On whatsapp/call his cell phone +2348084139974. Together we stand a chance to fight herpes. Let's continue to share this till The whole world Gets to know that there is a herbal cure for herpes,E,T.C. God bless you all.
ReplyDelete