Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Turn, turn, turn


Still trawling through the archives. These are my grandfather, grandmother and mother. She was their only child. I wonder why? My grandfather had lost a lot of hair by this age, 29. Most of my male ancestors tended to be thin on top. Surprisingly, Son's hair is still very thick at 35. Grandpa was shot in the hand at Gallipoli, a few years before this. No wonder he looks a bit wary. 


Daughter 1 made this Mother's Day card for me when she was a teenager. Just what I like: flowers, blue and white china and tea.


Son dictated this to me when he was about four and couldn't write yet. And now he is big and we do go to his house, a situation which seemed unbelievably distant then. I wish it was a bit nearer, though.


The Edinburgh grandchildren decided that it was sandpit weather. (It wasn't.) Grandson constructed the Panama Canal in the sand. Canals, water pipes, drains and sewers are his latest interest. Can't see it, myself. I mean, I'm all in favour of these things but prefer just taking them for granted. Still, I'm glad others pay more attention to them. 


 And it's spring in the garden.


Or at least...


I'm choosing...


 to interpret things...


 this way.


7 comments:

  1. I think you resemble your grandmother! Are those really flowers you have in your garden right now?? You are so far ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you have so many spring flowers already! We are seeing snowdrops, but not a whole lot else yet, and it hasn't been a particularly harsh winter really. How different are we horizontally? (I can never do the longitude/latitude thing...) I think that sandpit weather line might actually be my favourite ever ITL quote. It certainly sums up a whole lot of my Life with Boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may have some of those flowers rather later in April! And what a lot of artistic talent you have in your family. You really do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a bit of both of your grandparents in both of you -- I think I have a picture where your expression is somewhat like your grandfathers. Looks like the children are having a good time in the sand pit -- maybe a budding engineer in the family? And flowers! We're still a few months away from a flower or two ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops -- not "both of you" ... just "you" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can tell your crush... that will trigger deep emotions of love and impulsive appeal to you deep within his heart?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, please and protect you with his entire heart...

    ====> 12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Love Response

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to work harder than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    Matter of fact, triggering this all-powerful impulse is absolutely essential to having the best ever relationship with your man that once you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will instantly notice him expose his heart and mind to you in such a way he's never experienced before and he'll recognize you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly tempted him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello friends. I've been reluctant in purchasing this blank ATM card I heard about online because everything seems too good to be true, but I was convinced when my friend got the card from Sebastian hackers & we both confirmed it really works, without delay I gave it a go. Ever since then I've been withdrawing about $10,000 daily from the card without having any bank account and now I can say I'm rich because I keep renewing my card after 3 months and I also have my business and enough money for my family. So glad I gave it a try at last & this card has really changed my life financially without getting caught, its real & truly works though its illegal but made me rich!! If you need this card from real hackers then contact them today via their email address:sebastianhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete