Sunday, November 01, 2020

Here we are again...


I'm still slowly sorting out archives. Here's my dad's Christmas card to my mum, in the late forties, when my brother was around but I was yet to make an appearance. It says: "Thank you for the lots of funs / Thank you for the jolly buns / How nice to be living with / You and [brother's name] Smith!" This is very characteristic of my dad, who was a huge brain and sometimes very choleric but could also be fun. 

Here are the two younger granddaughters dressed for Hallowe'en. How we miss them. 

We're not allowed to post pictures of Middle Granddaughter but she's not exactly recognisable here. 

I got out my knitted ghosts. One must keep up traditions. I bought them at a sale of work some years ago and am fond of them. 

Oh, and here's the third granddaughter - or in fact the first - slightly Hallowe'enised. 

We're still allowed to have them round, though not their parents, which is a bit daft really since the children are far more likely to have picked up the virus at school than their parents are at home. But ours not to reason why... etc. 

Little Granddaughter in London sent me a dictated letter. It says, "Dear Granny, Dis is a picture for you. It's a tree and a balloon in da sky. I'm going to nursaweee today. It's a bit sunny but it's not raining any more. I'm going to do a trick. I put my hands on the floor and my legs up. It's a good trick. Lots of love from (Little Granddaughter)."


 And here's the balloon in da sky. 

England is about to be almost fully locked down again from next Wednesday midnight, and I imagine that our Great Leader will follow England's suit shortly, after a decent pause to make it look as if she's being very independent. 

It's all very dire. 

On a brighter note, one of my choirs had a sing not on Zoom yesterday. The musical director organised us to meet under the covered walkway of a hotel just outside the city. We sat two metres apart, only 15 of us at a time (he had two sessions and not everybody could come) and as it happened it was blowing a hoolie so that any germs must have got whisked away - along with quite a lot of the music of those who hadn't clipped it into their folders! They did manage to retrieve the music.  Anyway, it was such fun, though I was sitting right under (well, two metres away from) the conductor's nose and felt as if I were singing a solo to him, which was slightly unnerving. 

(Hello to Pam J, by the way.)



3 comments:

  1. It is very discouraging, isn't it? I loved the pictures! Such wonderful grandchildren and you're managing to stay connected in spite of all this. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about " ALL " of you having such a locked in time. Do take lots of care to stay safe. Hugs from NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter (Annabel) suffered from schizophrenia for 5 years. I had no idea what was happening and didn’t know where to turn for help. It was hard then because I really didn’t understand the symptoms earlier until she was diagnosed. There was a time she decided to get away from everyone, I was not excluded. I had to sit and cry almost every day because I felt helpless as a single mother (she is all I have got). The anguish I went through taking care of her alone is beyond explanation because there was no support whatsoever from the dad or family members. I fought for proper medical care and humane treatment; I did everything within my reach to get her cured but all to no avail. Countless different medications was prescribed (Zyprexa, fluphenazine, Risperdal, quetiapine, etc.) that she was taking but all we could get was myriad of side effects such as rigidity, drowsiness, dizziness, tremors and restlessness which tends to worsen the already damaged situation. Frustration was the order of the day. I wrote a couple of messages to the Ontario Mental Health Foundation for help because watching my daughter go through such was devastating. It was at this foundation someone shared a testimony about DR James herbal mix medicine, how effective it is and how she went through the most difficult times of her life trying to help her mom fight Schizophrenia. Being that I was already at the verge of giving up because I just couldn't imagine waking up every morning to fight the same demons that left me so tired the night before. I had to contact the Great  doctor, on his email  (GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM)  from our conversations; I was relieved and convinced that the result is going to be positive because I was made to contact people with worse cases. Today, the awful situation of my daughter has gone by. Her happy life is back. She is now a schizophrenia survivor, and I am glad because my daily routine activities can now kick off without obstructions. Don't let Schizophrenia hinder you from living a desired life and also, never allow anyone to decide for you especially when they don't know what you have to go through to get to where you are. I was almost discouraged by the doctor but then, I remembered that: I have to shield my daughter’s destiny with courage, faith and perseverance because she is not in her right state of mind and that the bravery and freedom from fear is found in the ‘doing’. Her life is now a testimony. After my daughter got cured, from the herbal mix medicine Dr James prepared and sent to me, she said, Mom “I just thought, ‘Well, I’m a weirdo, I’ll never be normal, then I said, my daughter, life itself is a misery, and we get stronger in the places we have been broken. Thanks to you Dr. James  for your excellent counseling, no more psychotic symptoms for the past 3 years and 4 months now. To know more about Dr. James and the effectiveness of his Herbs and roots extracts, and he said he got cures for diseases like Bipolar, DIABETES, HPV, SHINGLES, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS B, KIDNEY DISEASE, HERPES, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, Bladder cancer, skin cancer, Prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Dementia. Kidney cancer, lung cancer. You can reach the Great Doctor on his Email at ... GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM.  I believe you will testify just like me. INFO @ DrJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM.

    ReplyDelete