Friday, November 13, 2020

Holding our breath for things to improve in this pandemic world

Well, there's nothing interesting to report. We walked along the river the other day, 

admiring the remains of the autumn colours,

aware that we've seen the summer come and go and we're still restricted. 

Still, the vaccine might be on its way, which is such good news that I'm trying not to get too excited about it. 

I'm getting on with the latest quilt, only a little cot one for Daughter 2's friend. She's an artist, so I'm slightly nervous that it's not artistic enough. She asked for stars, for not too much cuteness, for patches grading from blue to green and (still to come) a strippy border. I remember reading someone's interesting name for such a border but I can't remember what it was. Matchstick, maybe? 

Meanwhile, in a distant galaxy, Littlest Granddaughter dressed up as a frog ("Oi Frog!" to be precise - if you don't know these books, you should. They're hilarious) for Children In Need Day 

And today I took the Edinburgh Two to a trampoline centre, where Big Grandson found an interesting bus poster (well, he thought it was interesting) 

and they both bounced a lot


 and then came here for tea and a play. We're so lucky still to be able to see these two. 

And tomorrow is another day. 

6 comments:

  1. Love that costume and Grandson's passion for all things travel related! Our leaves are nearly gone and then we're left with lots of green. Which is fitting for my state. The quilt is one of my favorites you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Play places, especially those with trampolines - they guarantee a couple of hours sleep from the little one and that's bliss! What a long separation you've had from Littlest, who is not looking little at all, but quite a big 'person'. The quilt is looking great - the stars work very well, without overpowering it, and a matchstick border will be great. Please let us see it when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your blog very much from across the pond in Manitoba. I wonder if the name of the border name you are looking for is a piano key border - uses up scraps beautifully...keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was just about to say "piano key border" but northern knitter beat me to it! Your quilts get better and better. We have frogs here but none as cute as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking wonderful Pam -- a piano key border will look great with it. Littlest Granddaughter looks so cute in her costume -- and Hurray for Oi Frog -- such a great set of books that we love too -- Thank YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the quilt! MY favorite colors, too! So nice that your grandchildren can do something indoors, like the trampolines. We are preparing for a two-family Thanksgiving and just before we have some birthdays to celebrate. I bought a doll for my granddaughter (she will be 1) and I plan to make a sleep sack for dolly from some left-over fabric from the quilt I made granddaughter. I have only one more day to get it done! Yes, I would call a a border from straight scraps a piano key border as well. It will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete