Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Plodding around

The weather has been glorious over the last few days, which is perhaps a pity, since we're having American cousins to stay next week, and it can't last... We went out with our walking friends on Saturday and did five miles round Dundas Castle, which was lovely. The castle is now a wedding venue. 

We ate lunch by this (artificial, I think) lake. 

The last of the daffodils were still blooming. 

This was a sweet little cottage with a heart carved above the window. Sad, since it's now a ruin. 


Looking inside, you can see a brass bedstead. Very poignant. I wonder who lived there. 

Today, Mr L and I walked up the river from Stockbridge, having taken some things to charity shops in the never-ending attempt to have less stuff. We managed not to buy any books at the Oxfam book shop; well done us. 

This is St Bernard's Well, though I don't think St Bernard had any part in it. 

There were lots of tourists taking photos. 


I took one of the old chap. 

 
 

The river just flows along. It'll be just the same when we're gone. Which I find reassuring; though I'm not planning to go any time soon. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that someone is having beautiful weather...because it's not us! :( Too cold, too windy and too rainy. Winter temperatures and snow in the mountains. A good snowpack means lots of water in the summer, so that's cold. These are lovely photos and I would certainly enjoy a 5 mile walk in these surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the sun lasts for your American visitors.

    ReplyDelete