Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dear Nanny and Gramps

 
Today I: played with Mummy's old xylophone (but I see it as a lorry really);
 
 
carried my two black cats from place to place;
 
 
investigated the workings of Granny's clock;
 
 
cuddled in with Sirius;
 
 
and tried out this new buggy*. It's very odd: Mum and Daddy have bought one just the same. There seems to be room for another small person as well as me. Someone said something about being a big brother - whatever that is. Ah well, no doubt I'll find out in due course.
(*It's not really pink. It's red. But the new baby will be a girl.)
 
I also walked in the park with Grandpa and Granny and Daddy. I wore my new boots. There were some puddles and I was interested in them but I walked round them. You never know how deep a puddle is going to be.  Maybe when I'm a big brother - whatever that is - I'll investigate them properly.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see there's no gender stereotyping in this life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also glad to see the pink stroller!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a wander through past post because I thought maybe I missed this grand announcement.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you read him the rhyme about Doctor Foster went to Gloucester....... They are very colourful Wellies( we call them gumboots ) and N looks very proud wearing them so not surprised he doesn't want to splash them just yet....once he gets the idea it will be every puddle he sees.
    (I wish I had a way of sharing all these lovely spare avocados we have.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A small boy is a very busy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to see that he has recovered and is looking so bonny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? No puddle-testing? And when is he becoming a big brother---"whatever that is?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, it won't be long now -- how very exciting! Will you still see small grandson as often when his mum is on maternity leave?

    I read the words about moving his cats around before I looked at the picture. I'm sure Sirius and Cassie are relieved that he's not moving them around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a little ray of sunshine he is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful news! Grandchildren are the best!

    ReplyDelete