Thursday, February 24, 2022

There and back again

I've been down in London, visiting Daughter 2 and Littlest Granddaughter. One day we went to a play centre in Stratford (not Shakespeare's Stratford - the place in east London where (some of?) the Olympics took place). 

After having fun inside, we went into the outdoor play area. We had it to ourselves because it was really quite wet. 


On the way home, we passed what I think are flats. I am so glad that I don't live there. So unbeautiful, so high, so lacking in garden. 


Another day we went to the library. Libraries were never supplied with cafes in my youth (or even now, here, as far as I know). 


And we played with Elsa. Or it might have been Ana. 


And Daughter 2 took me to see what we hope is going to be their new house - the cumbersome English house-buying process permitting. It's nice - much more roomy than their current two-bedroom flat. Fingers crossed. Littlest decided which bedroom she'd like - the biggest one. Hmm...


And then I came home. It took me 9 hours from their flat to our house. The first train broke down and we had to go backwards to the previous station. Then later in the journey there was a delay with the second one because of "an incident on the platform" involving a lady who had fallen "so obviously we can't leave till the ambulance has come". Slightly mysterious. I hope she was all right. 

I took this picture once we'd got back into Scotland. It's always a great feeling. But I miss them very much. 
 

7 comments:

  1. That's a great looking house--fingers crossed! It sounds like a wonderful visit in spite of the weather and the lengthy trip. I hope the lady is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad and wonderful to visit your children and grands. I'm off across the U.S. next week to see my daughter. It's been a long 15 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's Rapunzel - but you are close enough. Love you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yay! You were able to visit DD2 and littlest! The potential new house looks wonderful -- I sure hope they are able to get it. Here comment about Rapunzel is pretty funny -- I'm siding with you, even though we're not correct LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you got to London though. And also that you got back, eventually. To get to my friend at half-term, because of all the storms, I had to fly to Aberdeen and then take two trains right back across the country I'd just flown over. Twelve hours door to door. But these things, these people, are always worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to introduce this hacker that I have been working with him on getting my credit score been boosted across the Equifax, TransUnion and Experian report. He made a lot of good changes on my credit report by erasing all the past eviction, bad collections and DUI off my credit report history and also increased my FICO score above 876 across my three credit bureaus report you can contact him for all kind of hacks . Email him here support@wavedrive.tech go on their website wavedrive.tech for more details,Whatsapp No:+14106350697 if you want to chat them up,One thing i can assure you would not regret this at all he is 100% legit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need personal informations from companies,family and friends that will better your life and you need easy access without them noticing or you’re financially unstable and you have a bad credit score, come to Brillianthackers800@gmail.com he will solve that without stress,he and his team can clear criminal records without leaving a trace and can also anonymously credit your empty credit cards with funds you need,all these things and more this hacker and his team will do cause they keep you updated on every step taken in order to achieve the goal and they also deliver on time,I tested and confirmed this I’m still happy on how my life is improving after my encounter with them, you can send a mail to Brillianthackers800@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete