Thursday, June 21, 2007

By the pricking of my thumbs...



Our college music department (plus a few staff, eg me) is having an extra performance of the “Dido and Aeneas” opera that we did a few months ago.

We’ve had a couple of brush-up rehearsals, and today the young lad who plays the Sorcerer remembered that, in the previous performances, he’d had a big stick that he waved menacingly around. Where was this stick? It couldn’t be found, but someone produced from the props cupboard a Victorian-syle walking stick – not right at all. He took this, but said with a sigh….






“You just can’t get the staff these days.”

Which is the sort of thing I’d have thought of some days later.

2 comments:

  1. I burst out laughing!
    You gave me a lovely start to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I also got a good chuckle. Here's hoping your week has been relatively smooth -

    ReplyDelete