Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Foot in mouth


Some quotes from essays I've been marking recently:


I started applying for vacancies in retailers in town. Many either never replied or they sent letters informing me of my unfortunate decline.

It doesn’t matter what is built and for how long it lasts – it will eventually turn to sand and be flattened in the vast dessert of time.

A year passed and he got an infection in his legs and arms and had to have them decapitated.

(I feel bad about laughing at the last one. But... well, you know. It's kind of - laugh or cry.)

10 comments:

  1. A great selection! Thank you for the pre-bedtime chuckle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm........the vast dessert of time. Excuse me while I go in search of chocolate digestives........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are so funny! Worth bottling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what is that dessert in the photo? How cruel to tantalise your readers with a picture and no recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could get enthusiastic about the vast dessert of time - sounds more appealing than eternity! After all you never know when you might decline and lose your head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha -- I laughed out loud at the last one and didn't even feel remorse. Maybe because I don't know him personally? Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that trifle surley is the vast dessert of time, and I MUST have some!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. err - that's *surely* - ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHAHHHH~

    By the way, put me on the list to be flattened by the vast dessert of time. Sounds like a delicious way to go!

    ReplyDelete