Wednesday, October 10, 2012

All things nice

 
Look at these roses! Friends brought them a week past Saturday and they're still beautiful. Well done, Marks and Spencer.
 
 
The weather continues autumnally lovely. Soon I must rescue some of these plants and bring them into the house. The ones on the step are mainly fuchsias that I would have repotted earlier in the year but spent all my spare time visiting Mum in hospital so it never got done. But I'll have lots of time next year. (Possibly.)
 
 
If you forced a cat to sleep in a shoebox, it would be thought cruel. (Daughter 2 bought some boots at the weekend.)
 
 
Similarly, people would frown on forcing a baby to crawl through the legs of a table. He likes it, though.
 
 
See - he's fine. And he's wearing such a manly cardigan.
 
 
Though he is a bit of a menace... .
 
 
He's added his stolen booty to the stones that he plays with in his bowls. He's a very busy chap.
 
 
And today, Daughter 1 had her 20-week scan. Volume 2's a girl! I restrained myself from scooping up lots of pink things at the supermarket afterwards, but these bootees somehow jumped into the trolley. A girl! Boy babies are very nice indeed but it's lovely to have a daughter. Can't wait to see her now... .

20 comments:

  1. Our new first grand-daughter arrived yesterday - have to control the urge to splurge on all the lovely girlie baby clothes around in the shops !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Do pass my congratulations on to K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our new first grand-daughter arrived yesterday - have to control the urge to splurge on all the lovely girlie baby clothes around in the shops !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter is being very clever!

    I think NJ was sorting like with like....with the polished stones.

    Please may I be given some tips on identifying black cat one from black cat 2. ( even in your header I find it difficult to tell them apart )Which one was in the boot box?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassie is in the shoebox and on the left on the header. She has a rounder face and slight tip-of-ear pointed fluff. Also she's smaller, though you can't see that here, and has a shorted, quite fat tail, while Sirius's tail is long and thin. Also her collar is red and S's is blue (very sexist!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One with, one without! That's nice.

    They used to put boys in pink, apparently, but then they use not to be too sure of the difference between pink and red.

    (I know I owe you an e-mail, but I've not blogged for about ten days and ought to try now, rather a case of blogstipation!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, a granddaughter! The clothes are just so much cuter for girls than boys (although I must say your grandson is always looking very smart).

    My sister's first grandchild was born in August. A baby girl! They live 2 hours away from me, but I can see the pink glow on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dropping in by way of idle persiflage - and loved my visit. What is it about bloggers, gardens and black cats? I have two much loved black rescue cats myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How delightful to be expecting a granddaughter, and how exciting. Well done, you! And the proud parents, too, of course.
    Grandson is lovely, and always looks so happy, especially with those fascinating stones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WooHoo! A Girl! I'm so happy for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray for the pink! I am very jealous with only boy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous.......best wishes to all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your white roses are lovely.

    Grandson looks a bright and busy lad. He must love the days he spends with you.

    Good luck to your daughter for the next twenty weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pink pink pink pink pink ... isn't it just about the best word in the World today?!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful !
    I can quite understand how that footwear somehow ended up in your trolley ... wearing just the right accessories is so important , whatever one's age .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the pending arrival of a girl! Wonderful to have one of each! :) Your flowers are lovely! Everything is turning brown and chilly in the frost here. Glad to hear the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to K! How fantastic! I say go and get the pinks, because even if your daughter has ideas about that, I have yet to meet a little girl who didn't love pink. Missy is just one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh - one of each! How perfect.

    Congratulations to all!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely to have one of each. I am absolutely banned from buying anything pink or frilly for my soon-to-arrive grand-daughter, so I'm a bit restricted!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the soon-to-be pigeon pair. Babies are good news.

    ReplyDelete