Friday, August 09, 2013

Sit down, Anna, Dianne, Molly.


Idleness on holiday? Me? No! I bought an Isle of Man patchwork kit while we were there and then while we were in London.... . (Sorry about the blurry photo above but it's just a square pinned to the middle of a bigger square.)



















Daughter 2 cut up her own material and did her version along with me.


 We each did four squares, which can be put together like this...


... or like this.



Next step: to make them into cushion covers.

Are you proud of us, Anna, Dianne and Molly? (Though actually it was REALLY easy.) I know it's mildly wonky in places but as Daughter 2 and I kept saying, it's folk art. Handmade, you know. We feel this is a convincing argument.



9 comments:

  1. Although I cannot sew straight and therefore have never tried to do patchwork, I find the talent involved and the work most impressive, not to mention admiring those who understand and make straight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, Isabelle. Nice combinations of colours. You're one up on me, I've got piles of pieces cut out sitting forlornly next to the sewing machine. The standard at the Quilt show I went to yesterday was amazing but me sewing is never perfect and I quite like the imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAMING with pride, actually!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYY!!!!!! I'm with Dianne and BEAMING, er, grinning from ear to ear. Good for you two little quilters over there so far away. I wish I were there -- we could have a quilty retreat. Maybe in a castle somewhere -- oooh, that would be fun. Your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely!

    I like the arrangement with the flowery fabric in the middle best, but either is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo, you did it! Well done both! Wonky is good, it's modern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Well done! Log cabins are not the easiest thing to start with (I know from bitter experience because my first project was a Log Cabin design) but they are fun to work on and watch the blocks grow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done. I've tried it before and but never when on holiday!

    ReplyDelete