Thursday, February 08, 2024

Spending


It was such a beautiful day yesterday, and one thought: Spring! But today was very chilly. Winter!

I was walking along the other day, mind idling, and suddenly thought about the verb "to spend". I suppose it's obvious, but I had never really realised how significant it is that we use this verb about both money and time. We spend our money and it's gone. We spend our time and it's even more gone - no possibility of earning more. 

We talk about spending time wisely - but when you're my age (73, with the time-purse getting rather empty), what is the wisest way of spending it? 

Answers on a postcard, please... 

(Maybe it's better just not to think about it.)

5 comments:

  1. Better not to think about but just to enjoy every beautiful day, even if the weather is gray. Love that blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rather depressing to consider time spent unwisely, so I try not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt rather spent today. Hoping to earn some interest tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren, that's always a joy. Spending time getting the house organised so it runs efficiently always seems like 'time well spent', as I hate 'wasting time' searching for things when they haven't been put away where they ought to be. I'm just out of hospital after fairly major surgery, so I'm having to learn about taking my time over ordinary things and accepting that I can't rush - there's no energy for rushing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're home. I hope you feel stronger soon.

      Delete