Saturday, February 03, 2024

Sunshine

The weather was beautiful, if somewhat chilly, today and we went up to visit the UnBloggables in their home territory, an hour and a quarter's drive away. 

We had a detour via a friend's house, and then cut through somewhat alarmingly narrow roads, up and down and round corners, to the park where we were meeting the UnBloggables. 

Would you like to live in this house? I would, in daylight and in summer. But in the dark, or in winter, I prefer to be nearer other people - being of a somewhat nervous disposition. 

This is the park where we spent the morning. It was lovely to see Son and the little ones - the first time this year. Medium Granddaughter is so chatty and affectionate. I wish we could see more of her and her (also lovely) little brother. But hey ho. 


This death announcement was in The Scotsman  (newspaper) this morning. Hmm. There's a story there, one feels. 

The light is returning and the spring flowers are coming out. But it's only February and winter could have a few things in store yet. I hope it hasn't!

 

4 comments:

  1. Mostly much loved...hmmm. That is interesting. Blue sky and sun are therapeutic no matter what the temperature, in my opinion. Today was a beautiful day here, about 50 degrees with gorgeous lacy clouds in an otherwise blue sky. I'm glad you got to see the little ones; the more you spend time with them, the more you want to, right? That's the way it was for me when Older Daughter and family lived in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at that Obituary. I'll bet there's a good Backstory, but in honesty, many siblings would say the same. We're supposed to be in our warmest month, but last night there was a Doozy of a storm, with thunder above our house that sounded like a gang with Harley Davidson's all revving up, and my grandson and his cousin were out collecting huge hailstones! Today is breezy, but the sky is blue. Weird. And they say there's no Climate Change!!

    Meeting your grandchildren outside is lovely. I've been super careful as I'm in hospital tomorrow for fairly major surgery, and I didn't want it cancelled because I had Covid. During the holidays we did outside activities, which are such fun. But I swear they ate me out of house and home. At 6 and nearly 9, they were always hungry. Egg sandwiches anyone? Carrot sticks? You didn't mention your knee, so I'm hoping it's close to fixed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hip is pretty good, thanks. I hope your surgery goes well too.

      Delete
  3. It's lovely to see family but it's never enough. We're lucky to have one daughter and grandson close by, but we don't see the others nearly enough.
    I agree with you about the house - lovely location but too remote.

    ReplyDelete