Wednesday, December 07, 2011

No swans

It's rather chilly here. The snow has gone but it's been replaced with a bitter, damp wind. The furry friends are not amused. They don't like to stay outside for very long and they prowl around the house, trying to work off some energy.

It may be sunny outside but it's not warm. However, inside it's rather too warm unless you're a cat (or my mother, in which case it's probably not quite warm enough, despite our best efforts).

Yum. We enjoyed our fudges, thank you, Daughter 2.

The left-facing penguin is still on his own. No coalition for him. (Or her?)

I bought the Christmas cards today. No, we haven't got the tree, decorated the house, bought presents, made the cake... . And if you've done all these things already, kindly keep this information to yourself for the moment. I'll get there in the end.









7 comments:

  1. You're ahead of me...I haven't bought the cards.

    That poor right-facing penguin. I do hope he gets some friends to look to the right with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I have made the first cake, but lots still to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've bought cards - but they may well sit there accusingly for some while yet .... Can't work up the energy! Heating for those over 80 is a real problem. Husband and I are sometimes reduced to wearing thin T shirts whilst M-in-law is still shivering (not to mention the bills) when we've already turned off as many radiators as we can in rooms that she doesn't use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't had one of those fudge bars for years! Do you still have the wrapper? Are they marked "Gluten Free"? Perhaps my sister will give me some National Trust fudge for Christmas - I can eat that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the photos of your cats! :) My Sirius is waving at your Sirius :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're way ahead of me Isabelle! I made a few little ornaments, but no decorating, wrapping, baking, etc. happening here yet. TheManoftheHouse asked me the other night when "we" are going to decorate. He really meant when am "I" going to do it. Maybe this weekend after we spend a day doing Mom's tree??? Enjoy your sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What temperature do you set your thermometer? I've heard that in the UK everyone keeps rooms cool.

    ReplyDelete