Thursday, May 02, 2019

Life is so full of a number of things


Grandson, now 7 and three-quarters, is turning into such a bookworm. Here he is, having been given a book to read, just stopping where he was and remaining there for a long time, immersed. I'm so pleased.


Meanwhile Biggest Granddaughter, six, played in the sandpit, where eventually he joined her.


This is the beginning of a London tube tunnel.


Later she drew his portrait (in his traffic-light tee-shirt)


while he drew a bus.


I had coffee one day with friends at South Queensferry, in rather atmospheric sea haar. I have such nice friends; how lucky.


And it's tulip and forget-me-not time in the garden.




Oh spring, and oh children, how lovely you are.

I'm sitting here listening to John Ireland's "These Things Shall Be", which one of my choirs is singing in a concert on Saturday. It's wonderful music. I can't imagine why I'd never heard it before.

7 comments:

  1. Your Spring garden is looking amazingly bright and beautiful and the young ones also. The bus is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:51 pm

    I do that self-same thing when I get a new book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love your tulips! Your grands have such a creative bent; it's wonderful that they draw and play outside. It seems like many kids (here anyway) are often parked in front of a TV or game system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a bookworm, I love that. I was one as a child and guess what career I chose: librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that Grandson love books! I'm betting that Granddaughter won't be far behind. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is beautiful! And your grandchildren are creative! Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At my new house (we are moving, check my blog) i MUST plant your combination of forget-me-nots and tulips. I think that is a wonderful combination!. And soon I'll be having MY grandchildren over to play much more often!

    ReplyDelete