Saturday, December 12, 2020

Mustn't grumble.


There's not much to report. We go for walks, for example beside the river. 


We often see a heron there. I wouldn't like to be a heron, standing alone in the river with cold feet, awaiting a meal of a raw fish. There's nothing about that which sounds appealing. 


Happily, we have the Edinburgh children on Fridays. Here is Biggest Granddaughter, mixing flour, water and food colouring - just because. 


You can see what Big Grandson's been doing. It's slightly inconvenient having this in the hall till he comes back (probably tomorrow) but it's not as if we're expecting the Queen for tea. 


When they'd gone, I noticed that Biggest Granddaughter had undressed my elves. I have now redressed them. 



We've put up the tree and decorated the house. Life must go on. 


And I've been making a cot quilt for the fourth grandchild of my best school friend, at her request. She wanted vehicles, animals and blue, so that was easy enough. It's a disappearing nine-patch, which (I'm easily pleased) always seems slightly amazing to me - you can start with the above and then do a bit of chopping and get the below. I've sewn it together now and am about to put a border on it. 


 And that's about it. Things could be a lot worse but on the other hand they could also be better, couldn't they? 

5 comments:

  1. I laughed at the train tracks - we have the same dilemmas - do you tidy up an "Important game" or walk around it? Most of the children's toys live in large, stackable Systema boxes, and the rule is - only two boxes out at a time... but when something is in full-creative-flow when it's time to leave, well, you walk around it don't you, and hope Her Majesty doesn't drop in, don't you? Happy Advent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that toys and baby stuff are taking over Ashley and Ryan's place. :) I'm hoping to have the chance to accumulate some kid toys for future visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Life with the Life family. What a fun read. It took me a minute to place the train -- I always forget that you widened the entry way. I LOVE that it's taking over the house LOL. And the elf clothes. I love when I find signs that the grandbabies have been here -- in our case, it's mostly in the form of fingerprints on the windows. The new quilt is looking wonderful -- you're fabric stash is booming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first picture with those quaint buildings! And your quilt is charming. Your friend should be delighted. Disappearing nine patch is like waving a magic wand. Slice and dice and Presto! Something completely different...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we must just get on with things.... I had my Grands all last week and it was exhausting. Then I came down with something... I doubt it is the dreaded "C", but I'm going to have the test, anyway. We still don't have our Christmas decorations up... Maybe I will do that tonight as Hubby is going out.
    I have also done a Disappearing 9-Patch, but decided to make a center medallion with a Celtic design and have not gotten it done. Maybe in January??? Yours is lovely and better yet ~ it is almost finished!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete